I tried to reply on our original discussion, but did not allow it. Gentleness and respect (1 Peter 3:15) is important. It would be a mistake to apply these penalties to any other passage of Scripture, as the context will not allow us to do so. God has existed in relationship with Himself for all eternity. He teaches that God created a good Law, then broke His own Law, and did it because He loves us. Nevertheless, I think it is an attitude that should be addressed. This is an arm-in-arm kind of association, where theyre working toward the same goals in the same ways. It makes the most sense to apply it to Revelation, as it IS a book of prophecy. Even Sproul (who you quoted earlier) does so by saying The circumstances by which God the Holy Spirit unleashed [Christs] power were not available there, because there was a judgment of God on the town of Nazareth. Its real in the spiritual realm, they say, and we have to bring it into the physical realm by believing. I guess thats why people thought of the three states of water, clover leaf, etc. We cant create worlds out of nothing. The most common error among Word of Faith teachers and that includes Steven Furtick is to give us the power. He is one of the know evangelists all over the world, and apart from writing books, he takes his time in evangelization. >> It is false to teach that God is a multiple personality being. why would you call me irresponsible? How many people do you bring to GOD every week? Jesus decision to heal some and not others might be confusing to you, but its not illogical and its certainly not unbiblical and it certainly isnt addressed in 1 Corinthians 14. 3. The gospel is NOT being preached, and youre taking Jesus words out of context. That notwithstanding, i believe as a human, we should be able to sieve what we are being told, take the good and ignore the evil. If theyre not saved, we should pray for their salvation. He fulfilled the Law. If Steven Furtick fails to actually tell people how to get to Heaven, theyll never get there. Its based on the dominion idea that Adam inadvertently gave dominion to Satan in the Garden of Eden, and that God had to create a scheme to trick Satan and get dominion back. If Steven Furtick teaches things that contradict the Bible, were supposed to call him out on it. Lets see what the apostle John says in 2 John 1: Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. God is a molecular structure that fills all in all. But that you may know that the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up your bed, and go unto your house. Matthew 9:5,6. In light of Furticks false teaching, this might simply be a big mistake, and not a lie but its worth noting when asking whether Furtick is a trustworthy Christian leader. Yes, its good to ask what we would think and feel if we were in that situation. The very idea of salvation contradicts that notion! The question is not whether our faith plays a part in how God interacts with us, including healings. I cant turn my back on those who come to me for help and many are looking for answers who will never send me an email. Thats not who I am. What is wrong with saying; the power is in us, that we are the ones who determine whether were healed, and that God has already provided healing for all believers but we have to manifest it by faith? The topic of this article is the false teaching of Steven Furtick. In human terms though there are also single entities being comprised of multiple persons, and I think this gets us closer to a useful analogy. Matthew 9:29. When Jehovahs Witnesses talk about Jesus, theyre using words that sound the same, but have a different meaning. You need fellowship with real Christians, and they need fellowship with you. And he performed very few miracles there because of their lack of faith. In both it indicates that did not is part and partial to could not for it was the lack of their faith that caused this. Paul was talking about PEOPLE exercising gifts improperly in church and CREATING chaos, which clearly would not be from God. Learn a little Greek. The fact that you said to pray for Furtick speaks for itself. Yes, we do not agree, but right, using KJV word limit was an honest mistake, but hard to lose ones self from it, especially when growing up in the 60s with that one being the top seller. In essence it means a single entity being comprised of multiple constituents. The Father was still in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit was still doing His thing. Any insights with this is much appreciated. It sounds like youre ready to help fix things too, which puts a smile on my face. We absolutely do know, should know, can know. Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to, And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.. And theres one thing that even Jesus cant do. I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. Im not sure I trust myself to draw that line about people Ive never met. This is pretty basic, and every Word of Faith teacher including Steven Furtick does it. I believe he believes what hes saying. I dont agree with everything Furtick says, but even a heretic can say things that are true, as one should not throw the baby out with the bath water, and yes, we need to stay in line with scripture, but also we need to keep in context. The friction literally removes rough burrs and the heat of friction causes the metal to be molded to fill in the gaps left by the removed metal. Acts 18:8 I currently have a dad who has pastored for 40+ years. To paraphrase 1 Corinthians 2:14, spiritual things are Spiritually discerned. (sorry for the all caps, sometimes I get carried away. Thats not good. Moreover, she is a citizen of America and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. In this case, its that Jesus isnt God, and isnt one with the Father, but that Hes the first being that God created. I hear you, about it being tough to move on from what weve been taught especially from a young age. We dont need the bad with the good. So: while we cant understand the trinity, we CAN explain what the Bible says about God. Be transformed into an advocate for truth to protect yourself and your loved ones from the wolves that the Scriptures talk about. He cant bear fruit if he remains a baby. Also who died and left you in charge of judging anyone? Were adding our ideas to Gods ideas. Hes not alone, unfortunately. Have a great day! Pastor Furtick dedicated his 2012 New York Times bestselling book, Greater: Dream Bigger. Are you trying to defend Furtick against the claim that hes a false teacher? He says a lot of things that are true, of course but he also promotes unbiblical falsehoods. Dont trust Steven Furtick. He is popular for being a Religious Leader. For example: Jehovahs Witnesses may glorify Jesus, but not the Jesus described in the Bible. ( Not knocking either, it was just different to what I was use to.) Youve already agreed that God is not limited by a persons lack of faith. In other words, God mostly withheld His power from the stiff-necked people who held Jesus in contempt.. The claim that there is one God is biblically accurate. Thanks. Most of. If not, Elevation music is just music some great, some good, some average, some not so much. I am struck by how several people irresponsibly and incorrectly used various verses or created their own paraphrases around the concept of judging, knocking you for judging. And, each person that commented with something to that effect seemed emotional, whereas other comments of disagreement seemed more calm rational theological discussions. Jesus death provided for our healing, except for Paul and Timothy and, of course, every Christian who ever died. Steven Furtick either teaches false things, or he does not. In other words, once we understand the term God, even within the phrase there is ONLY one God, means a single entity comprised of three persons, the simplest aspect of the Trinity isnt so difficult. Will be a week or so. So, singing Jehovahs Witness songs would put licensing money in their pockets, furthering their ministry while promoting them as a source of good religious music. 2) Healing is only accomplished through faith. Its NOT a definitive answer. Like you, I think we should be careful about making accusations. See, John 14:17 for he dwells with you (old testament), and shall be in you (new testament). So, then how much greater exploits, Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. What power? This is also why Jesus said; According to your faith be it unto you. The son is NOT the Father, nor is He the Spirit. Go back to Genesis and see that God created Adam out of the earth, and breathed into him, and he became a living soul. In 1840 there were 2 Furtick families living in South Carolina. Let me know if you need a hand getting started. The Father knows things Jesus did not know. Second Person: just like in English, the subject of the verb. I hope that you will begin a serious study not of oneness theology, or of trinitarian theology, but of Scripture. . The simple truth is that I dont want you to trust me, Ryan. He changed its meaning to make a point that doesnt appear in the text or in any text. I think your all wrong you all a I have religious spirit like the Pharisees because Pastor Steve speak the truth and you cant handle the truth -you water down the word of truth make hard -this is my opinion Shame on all you all one you be judges for accusing your brother in Christ instead of support him -you you dont look good pick part everything that you dont like only have itching ears you are like your father the devil may God help you all. He is rare he actually tells how life really is and tells his own fears and struggles that people can actually relate to. v13 says Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, as there was a crowd in the place. Jesus healed this invalid who had no faith, HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW HIM! Why say that He AND the Father would indwell us, rather than simply saying I? Whats the conclusion? Theres no Plan B, so we need to make sure the church follows Jesus lead. Let me know if youre in. Where the Bible is clear, we should adhere to it. 1. First off it also said in the Bible that no one has the right to judge anyone but God this is the problem with the world today no compassion at all Steven furtick is a great preacher and has lead a lot of people to the lord another thing that the Bible said is jealousy is a sin and a lot of people get jealous and start speaking bad things about other people you know Im so sick of this if you are truly a man or women of God and a true Christian then we dont speak bad on others Jesus died on the cross for us so we can be saved this is not how Jesus is nor will he ever be!!!!!! He is 41 years old as of 2021. That what it says. Im curious as to who you are. God becomes a lawbreaker in order to save lawbreakers from His own Law, putting God in conflict with Himself. Truly, thats implied throughout both the Old Testament and the New Testament and its one of the ways we know which teachings are true and which are false. God existed, then created humans, then became the Son to carry out different functions. And yes, its true that many who follow false teachers ARE saved there. I only have one question for you: Do you agree that God is a molecular structure that fills all in all? 3. Larry Furtick CHARLOTTE, NC - Larry Stevens Furtick, 60, died June 5, 2013, at his home in Charlotte after a two year battle with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou. If you study the scriptures long enough concerning the identity of Father/Son/Spirit, it is CLEAR that it is all ONE God, ONE Spirit, ONE Lord. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation, but then it is to every one that believes, Rom. As another scripture that captures this faith concept is Jesus saying; According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:29. I dont mean that you might create a circumstance where God has already made decisions about what will happen, as when someone dies after a lifetime of rebellion. What happens when the group that created your favorite worship song comes to town and gives a concert, and teaches and preaches throughout the concert? I was also intrigued by the Baptist form of preaching, energetic compared to Catholic masses. The cause of death was Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Steven Furtick is an interesting person, a gifted communicator, and probably a pretty nice guy. First: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are properly understood as God. Thats good. Here are the ways that better translations render tava: vexed, provoked, pained, distressed, caused terrible pain, offended. When a man spends this much time in attempt to rip down another mans character down. If what you believe really matters to you, let me encourage you to begin a fresh journey into the Scriptures. Will you do yours? Teaching that reading about Jesus is anything like reading about ourselves goes too far. Nickname: Stevens Furtick Gender: Male Date of birth: 19th February 1980 Birth sign: Pisces Place of birth: Moncks Corner, South Carolina, U.S. Age: 41 years old (as of 2021) Nationality: American Ethnicity: White Eye colour: Black Hair colour: Black Weight: 72 kg Height: 5 feet 9 inches Sexual orientation: Straight Religion: Christianity I'm proud to be your son.". There seem to be a lot of controversies/criticisms about Steven Furtick and Elevation church doctrines and also rumors of false teaching. He said if you listen to the Word and dont do it, youre like a man who looks at himself in a mirror in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God my Maker is my mirror. You are not the hero of every Bible story. If youd like to address the idea that God is or is not omnipotent, go ahead. Here are the benefits: If your father is a modalist, youll find out rather quickly. Come on, Angela. In your last response to Thomas you said: Iron does indeed sharpen iron and some friction is a necessary part of that process. I only disagree inasmuch as friction is essential. The most Furtick families were found in USA in 1920. Lets see a sit down between you and Pastor Furtick. 10. Jakes and Steven Furtick. Just yesterday I watched a clip of Jesse Duplantis, where he said (and I quote) You choose when you live, you choose when you die. Im more likely to listen to someone who doesnt point fingers. Do you know of any instances he may have snuck that in a sermon? Nobody teaches lies and falsehoods all the time. What looks like Modalism, or ONENESS Pentecostalism, can just be an attempt to express what classic theology calls circumincessionism or the indwelling of each Person in another Person in the Holy Trinity. A reasonable conclusion from the text might be that Jesus did fewer miracles there because fewer people, not believing in Him, came to Him to be healed. Man has power over God. Meanwhile, I see a whole generation being deceived. Clearly, modalism contradicts Scripture. Are you simply discussing one particular theological point because its interesting? If he really is biblically trinitarian, he should know better than to explain anything about the trinity that could be misconstrued as Sabellianism. Thanks for your comment. Modalism is the unbiblical idea that there is one God who is only one person and that when we see the Father, Son, and Spirit, we are seeing three different manifestations of the same single person. As for, Do you, in any sense, have power over God? Paul said he was not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: Notice the connection between Power and faith After all, someone might say: whos to say that God is NOT energy? Does he believe Jesus is the only way to heaven ? He holds conferences with Word of Faith teachers and New Apostolic Reformation teachers. Wommack, like every other Word of Faith teacher, claims that the power is in us, that we are the ones who determine whether were healed, and that God has already provided healing for all believers but we have to manifest it by faith. So many are just so full of an arrogant and jealous spirit that it deters away from the truth they are giving. This is further spoken of in Galatians 3:5, He therefore that ministers to you the Spirit, and works miracles among you, does he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith As This power that works in us is the Spirit, which must be activated by faith! This is certainly not true, but its the foundational error of their movement. People who are unwilling are often, in my experience, not actually interested in following Jesus closely. And from what you have quoted, has definitely made some statements that go beyond Scripture. This is in line with a common teaching in the Word of Faith movement: that our faith only manifests what is already true in the spiritual realm. Thousands have responded to the news of the elder Furtick's passing by writing to the pastor via social media simple messages like "love and prayers," as did LifeChurch.tv Pastor Craig Groeschel. . Im not sure we can say that. Can He be contained in anything? For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. I thought I left a reply but apparently didnt go through. Been Here Before. Our mindset is important, but we need to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Simply put, not obstaining from the appearance of evil and not separating from the world. Regular Christians always get to be healed, but Paul was a special case. does not equate to Gods blessing. That doesnt mean that people cant be confused by what God does the Bible is full of that. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6. I appreciate you. If the decision were mine, I would not allow a church music ministry to use songs by false teachers whether Jehovahs Witnesses, Elevation, Hillsong, or Bethel. God cannot sin. I would like to know how to reach out to him and make him see that when he listens to these guys hes being affected, but he should know this. The only relevant question is whether Steven Furtick responsibly teaches what Jesus taught. Okay, I have taken enough of your time. The idea of Trinity is a theological one. Ancient Greeks thought that the amethyst guarded against intoxication. If you declare with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Its at the very beginning of the video. What makes the most sense of these verses, in context? When we elevate (no pun intended) a teacher, preacher, leader, musician or band, were recommending them to people. 9. I dont think so, and Ill bet that you dont really think so, either. Spring, Texas, United States View. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work. I appreciate the tone of our conversation very much. I have felt conviction over singing their music because it supports their ministry, which clearly teaches some wrong theology. His disciples did not. Ask any question about God, the Bible, or Christianity. Is it possible to recognize anothers errors without being jealous? In that case, your complaint seems irrelevant. Recently, I was watching a message by Pastor Steven Furtick, who is a fellow Southern Baptist Church planter and senior pastor of Elevation Church, which is also affiliated with the same. Instead, we see in Scripture that God is sovereign, that there are none like Him, that there are none above Him, and so on. True, and I hope you dont think I agree totally with Furtick, as they are not the same, but rather one, a big difference! Do not line up with the holy spirit that was Within Me. That attitude is the prerequisite for vs 15, Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Relying on the Lord Jesus this way ensures us that He will correct us if we begin to go off on a tangent. While he holds an American nationality and practices Christianity. First, He restrained His anger then, furious, He rejected Israel completely. We would also be able to identify any error, about anything, instantly. If he is not a man of God then why did he start out his ministry with 14 people and grow to over 27,000 in a short period of time. Youre right when you say Im not more important than you are. In any other context, I have no doubt you would share my concern: In the beginning, Marduk created the heavens and the earth. This is where you read a section of the Bible and you add to it. Instead he was internal He said its good that Im ghosting you. We should say what the Bible says, and we should not say what the Bible does not say.

Get Difference Between Two Objects Javascript, Local Government Pay Rise 2021, Horses For Sale In Arkansas Under $1,000, Anthony Williams Project Runway Married, 2 N Central Ave Floor 10 Phoenix, Az 85004, Articles W