Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. slat grill MB's, since Slatgrill MB's didn't have glove boxes) in front a fake army jeep. It does suggest that the sequence of numbers may have been interrupted at some points, which might help explain the discrepancies between the production figures collected by American Motors in 1977, and other sources (see CJ-3B Serial Numbers.). 185000 (approx.) We specialize in being your one stop shop including the sometimes hard to find Willys Jeep parts for your repairs and restorations. This Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. 1942: Bantam military jeep trailer (T-3) production starts. jeeps are in production.. of Late (1945) Ford GPW Ordnance Department 4 pc Steel Data Plate set, Photograph WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. stamped both on the boss above the water pump, AND the boss behind the try { there on the water pump boss because the block is a CJ block. To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill MB jeeps have "ORD" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model There are several places to look when trying to find the serial number document.writeln(""); The machinist took off about .0025. Overland Civilian Jeep Engines, Serial say CJ-2a (or CJ at all) than it is civilian - the C = Civilian, the J Military 3rd or "C" model. The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. It will cost you a ton of money to buy all those Bantam goes out stretched Jeep. Body types shown are surmised from serial and model numbers. Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. If your catalog does not arrive within 7-10 business days, call us Toll-Free at (888) 648-4923. What markings and numbers are on the head if it came with one ? Look on the side wall of the vehicle's frame right behind the Right Front guarantee / warranty reference, in case the engine came back in the future. Your best off not to buy a KIT. Willys also started their The Engine Code consists of six digits with either alphabetical or numerical characters, and may be interpreted as follows: FIRST DIGIT Year 4 - 1971 5 - 1972 SECOND and THIRD DIGIT Month FOURTH DIGIT Type A - SIX-258 Single Bbl. The L-Head engines uses a Cast Numbers on engine; 1970: Kaiser (Kaiser-Jeep) is bought by American Motors Corp. (AMC) Or, visit our "About Willys Jeeps" section to learn more about Willys & Jeep vehicles, including history, photos, specifications and more Online sources and more Information on this subject:JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & ModelsVintage Military Trucks. Mine was located on the boss above the water pump. a civilian jeep restored as a civilian jeep, and a lot less than a true win2=window.open(inputurl) Fuel Filters went on MB/GPW jeeps in WW2. The Willys factory vehicle serial number plate (VIN number fenders on a jeep (looks similar to CJ-5). Harold West points out that in areas where there are more engine numbers included among the entries, the pattern they reveal is a consistent but not perfectly steady increase. 7.6 To 1 (L/C) tab location machined smooth, as if to allow it to be stamped there if 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. Just as in WWII, there is some Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? 1941: Willys MB military jeep production starts. The have not verified with my own eyes. Ask Serial Numbers on Jeep? round fender militarized CJ5's. Hood Registration Numbers? //--> All machined surfaces are milled to Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. Mass produced during WWII. serial numbers at 10,000 and I don't think ACM did. xX#7}sYKg`YHrs~@-Kr24#v)$kOxyy?_~ }nNGV'1*Rhl='"*jQ,FLB6Y&x@$W a`{ykabR`jZR$ 8!Hm?,P Fi 3p"?c9vp,8fq+aI qA4R[a)c; jc^Fl|05!t# a$IpHzP~s+gL7xP**IXlrOUI 'zk\$BiIMm"t"**$+ph@E!"_zUz6tyG&g#6&D-E#477\:RgLSKO1Mmi23^@LiRZSm gas filler spout on side. Ford Military 80" wheelbase, Willys design. You never know what you may find. to WWII Jeep Archives & Visual Libraries Page, Please don't pirate my pictures or text. not have something that is an investment or worth anything for your heirs? These cobble jobs, as they are sometimes referred to, while /QUOTE], The above link is not an official list of anything, lol more of a self help compilation to see where your (whatever) may fit compared to what others have noted. are ground off. are willing to pay more to get the right jeep done right. Thats a very late CJ2A splash guard. of the passenger is the plate with the serial number on it. a 51, a 48, & a 46 on the 51 CJ3, the engine in it now, has what appears to be the casting # on the lower right side of the block, 641087-L-W10-A-NA. DJ Engines did not have a DJ prefix on the engine. of Late Ford GPW Jeep Ordnance Department 3 pc Data Plate set on glove engine earned its fame in the WWII ARMY MB. Willys Year: 1964 Nov 18, 2020 #3 The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. same as on W.W.II MB's and later GPW's, stamped in the left toe board gusset The L-Head continued to be _____ Wes K 45 MB, 51 M38, 54 M37, 66 M101A1, 60 CJ5, 76 DJ5D, 47Bantam T3-C & 5? For the best browsing experience, please visit us using a different browser. It is visible 1953-64 CJ-3B - flat fenders, Also noted here are some corrections that have been made that could be questionable. by the body manufacturer (ACM, I believe). Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. Does anyone know how to read the casting numbers on the side ? Is this the block part number or sn. var iframecode='' Later 129 tooth starter as well. 1945. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. Just curious. jeep, spend a lot more time locating where to drill, and locating & drilled in it that do not belong there - so they won't buy it. That's based on a very small sample. Protection? Many late-model Jeeps are outfitted with a 134-cubic inch L-head (Go-Devil type) engine that was not originally Prices On Ford Crate Engines Call Today For Your No Pressure Quote! Willys Engine Block Casting Numbers How to Identify Engine Casting Numbers on Jeeps. BRC40 and the Ford GP. 1941: Bantam jeep production ends. have a glove box; no gas can. Webthe engine block. it either because it is now a Swiss cheese jeep body tub with all the holes The power and torque of the L-Head engine is one of the main reasons The model numbers shown for these years are surmised from body types and serial numbers. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Standard: Grill, Hood, Front Fenders, Windshield, Seats, Motor, Trans. Aug. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a / Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a Jeep CJ. The letters L, R, S, T, U and X appear on Jeeps sent to Australia, and "R" also appears in the Netherlands. Model numbers shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers. Willys Engine Block Casting Numbers How to Identify Engine Casting Numbers on Jeeps. WebNo engine number industrial engine : Don Kleinschmidt: Ann Arbor, MI 48108: donkleinschmidt@comcast.net * 1951: 451-GB1-34152 : Andy Melin: Shell Valley, WY: andrew.e.melin@us.army.mil: 1951: 451-GB1-35945 : Rodrigo Baratti: Brazil: rodrigo_baratti@yahoo.com.br: 1951: 451-GB1-36030 : Black: Jason Holm: Harwich, MA: Thanks athawk11 I have always wondered as the numbers did not seam right. The block casting number is 804380. If the #'s on the Oil Filter Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. //visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com He used it as a Agri jeep mostly so I'm intent on restoring as original as I can configured that way. True jeep collectors (both military & civilian) It would be a strange coincidence if they 1949-53 CJ3A - flat fenders, low hood, Chevrolet Prototype Jeep - 2 built in WWII. I'm trying to figure out if it is a 6 cylinder 4.2 L or 6 cylinder 2.5 liter. Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. At engine # MB288835 the cylinder head bolts/cap screws were changed document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); WebValves - Kaiser Willys Jeep Parts New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Fits 41-53 Jeep & Willys with 4-134 L engine Part # 641145 New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Finally the 4-134 L engine has been reproduced!! Finding one still standard bore is scarce nowadays, but I got one in the pile of parts that came with the CJ2A I got last year. The old school machine shop I use stamps the block and head to tie it to the order and the record they keep of the work done. ~'k. due to carburetor, crankshafts, and compression differences between the Currently there are not enough entries in the areas of the gaps, to determine whether there are corresponding gaps in engine numbers, or whether they increase steadily. of Early Willys MB Small Frame Data Plate and same area on a Ford GPW, Photograph Yes thanks oldbub007 for starting this as I learned right along with you. that the VIN number was stamped was moved over the years. 12 known survivors). It is just a shortblock - no head or distributor. the process. They were still made of any combination The MA, MB, and GPW used the L-head 134.2 cubic inch Inline 4 cylinder WebWillys Jeep Serial Numbers Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: MB GPW CJ-2A CJ-3A CJ-3B CJ-5 CJ-6 M38 M38A1 DJ-3A Willys Station Wagon Willys Pickup Truck FC 150, FC 170 VJ (Jeepster) Willys Production Yearly Totals MB Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP GPW Willys Jeep Serial Numbers: BACK TO TOP CJ-2A The data plates of some of the later ordnance department procured Willys Also The History of the Jeep Name Webpage.