That leaves a huge opportunity for Etienne to prove he can be that elite talent. Travis Etienne is a better receiving threat at running back than Pederson has had on offense since Sproles in 2016, and I believe he will be fed targets in this offense because of his talent. Etienne ran for 108 yards and one touchdown on nine carries and caught three passes for 32 yards on three targets against Houston on Sunday. At 5'10" and 215 lbs and with a 12.2% target share his senior year, Etienne showed he could be a three-down running back. XFL Fantasy Football Rankings for Week 3: QB, RB, WR, TE Rankings and Analysis (2023) section: | slug: 2022-outlook-travis-etienne | sport: football | route: article_single_fantasy | (Not overall, for a FF build) That OL was pretty rough, too. Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne is coming off a lost rookie season that ended before it began. Get instant advice on your decision to draft Travis Homer or Rico Dowdle in 2023. New Jaguars coach Doug Pederson doesn't have the track record of consistently featuring his running back in the passing game, but he did lead the NFL in plays per game (67.0) during his five-year run in Philly. For the reasons outlined above, Etienne is clearly the running back to draft in 2022 regardless of Robinsons Week 1 status. [Were] just seeing what he can do right now., As for moving him around to different places on the field, Pederson said, It is fun. He played only five snaps before he suffered the foot injury Week 12 versus Baltimore, but it appears he won't miss additional time. Download our updated fantasy football app for iPhone and Android with 24x7 player news, injury alerts, rankings, starts/sits & more. This Etienne run looked like a simple inside handoff, but his speed and elusiveness turned what could have been a 3-yard gain into a 62-yard score. If you have fantasy football championship aspirations, stocking up on reliable running backs is . Dodgers The Early Favorites For Shohei Ohtani? Recoveries vary, but there is a chance that Robinson doesnt see the field for several weeks into the season. By Richard Cooling. Running back fantasy value in half and full PPR leagues is all . Depending on draft flow and format, the wide receiver pool tends to run through the sixth round, leading to me wanting to roster Etienne as my RB2 in many drafts and focus on wideout over my following few selections.I view Etienne as a target in drafts, but adding him to my team in the second round does invite different trade-offs due to the player pool having more strength. SafeLeagues Best Ball Dynasty 018 - Basic (SF/TE . This isn't a disastrous matchup for him, but it's not favorable either, and until he or his offensive line can begin showing some consistency, expectations should be lowered. Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne Jr. (1) at TIAA Bank Field. That season, Jacksonville's backs gained 1,949 yards with 11 touchdowns and 90 catches. Berry goes on to say that the Jags have produced fantasy-relevant running backs and expects them to be even more efficient under head coach Doug Pederson. Join the Best Live Fantasy Chat Community! If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate ofFantasy Football Toolsas you navigate your season. The stout Tennessee defensive line limited his efficiency, as his . After seeing their draft flow and developing my draft plan, I targeted Travis Etienne in the third round of . However, going into 2022, it's . Their running backs finished 1,831 combined yards with 12 scores and 59 catches on 371 touches.The Jaguars have a new head coach, and I expect their offense to improve. Although he averaged 2.6 per carry, he logged two plays that went for more than 10 yards on 11 touches. Etienne also racked up the most rushing attempts of 20-plus yards (40) from 2018 to 2019 while only carrying the ball 20-plus times once since 2018. Travis Etienne four run (Riley Patterson kick), 11:49 remaining 4Q Our goal is to put out the highest-quality content and tools. Denver Broncos running back Javonte Williams was the third running back selected in the 2021 NFL Draft, just behind Najee Harris and Travis Etienne.After a promising rookie season, he gained real . Your email address will not be published. With better offensive-line play, the running back should be able to break off many big runs this upcoming season. Where Etienne may struggle is in scoring touchdowns. 5. Etienne accounted for 17 of Jacksonville's 22 carries by skill position players, but he turned in another disappointing performance. Travis Etienne Jr. and Other 2022 Season Takeaways. Hes got his helmet, but coach Doug Pederson says he wont be on the field until hes 100%. 2023 ABG-SI LLC. Jaguars RB Travis Etienne (foot) working (jogging) on the side during practice. Robinson saw 11 carries to Etienne's four during their Week 1 loss to Washington, then Robinson carried the ball 23 times during Sunday's game against Indianapolis. Not having target hogs in this offense bodes well for Etienne. Top 250 Underdog Best Ball Fantasy Football Rankings. But thats fine because the Jaguars have a dynamic backfield that should help them win more games in 2022. Along with our bevy of fantasy football tools, we have our Fantasy Football Draft Kit. The Jaguars were one of, if not the worst offense in football last season. His outlook in fantasy points (254.15) in PPR formats falls in a similar range as the many wide receivers selected in the high-stakes market in the third and fourth rounds of drafts. TD Jaguars RB Travis Etienne: Etienne missed his entire rookie season due to injury, but he could be back to his Clemson heyday with a healthy return in an upgraded Jaguars offense. The Niners have a great system overall with a wealth of playmakers. Travis Etienne Bio & Season Stats. Now fully healthy, what outlook can fantasy football managers expect from Etienne in the 2022 season, and what is his ADP in fantasy football drafts? Analysis: Etienne led the Jaguars backfield in rushing attempts, though he still saw very limited volume. Unfortunately, I have an all-in-shove feature coming for my long hours of research. However, if Etienne is able to secure goal-line work, his ceiling would be even higher. How he'll split duties with James Robinson remains to be seen, but Etienne can be involved in the passing game as well as a playmaker in the ground game. Etienne received the questionable tag after being a limited practice participant this week, but he's been cleared to take the field for Sunday's contest. In 2020, James Robinson led the Jaguars at running back (1,414 combined yards with 10 touchdowns and 49 catches), leading to him ranking seventh in running back scoring (251.40 fantasy points) in PPR formats. Most running backs have lost explosiveness and production when returning from this significant injury. You could make an argument that missing his entire rookie season was a blessing in disguise for second-year Jaguars running back Travis Etienne given the chaos the franchise endured in 2021 . He established his reputation of elite age-adjusted production during his high school seasons, running for 2459 rushing yards and 39 touchdowns his senior season. 6-keys: media/fantasynews/nfl/reg/free/stories, at Top 10 Greatest NFL Tight Ends Of All Time Etienne had limited opportunity in the first half, as the Jaguars struggled offensively. Rankings, dollar values for each position, Sign up for our NFL newsletter for exclusive content, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Etienne is not a rookie, but he might as well be. However, he put together a solid performance from there, highlighted by rushes of 16 and 15 yards as well a 13-yard reception. . Because the injury was to the same foot in which Etienne hurt during the 2021 preseason before undergoing surgery and missing his entire rookie campaign, the Jaguars were understandably cautious in choosing to hold him out for the rest of the contest. The receiving "role" has been his in terms of routes run most weeks in 2022, but targets did not always follow with Trevor Lawrence preferring Christian Kirk, Zay Jones and Evan Engram - who all stayed healthy in 2022. Despite missing his entire rookie season after suffering a Lisfranc injury in the preseason, the promise Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne showed in college at Clemson has him being shown a lot of respect in fantasy drafts heading into the 2022 season. Dont expect Etienne to have a monster year in terms of fantasy football but he could be a low-key solid addition, especially in PPR (points per reception ) leagues. 1125 YDS. When the Jaguars drafted Etienne last year, fantasy managers' hearts dropped because it meant two potential fantasy studs were instead going to eat into each other via a committee. There was no outlook written for Travis Etienne in 2022. Prior to his exit from Sunday's contest, the 2021 first-rounder had carried twice for three yards. Should I Draft James Robinson or Travis Etienne in 2022 Fantasy Football Drafts? We also dont know if Robinson will be 100% healthy when he returns to the field, which may limit his playing time and production. The cloudiness of the Jaguars' offense and the potential split in snaps with Robinson creates an excellent buying opportunity for Etienne. We dont have any 2021 data to work with, so assessing Etienne is just like assessing a rookie. He added two receptions on three targets for 24 yards. TAKE 20% OFF* with code sleeper22. 01 Mar 2023 21:17:20 All . It may just be a singular training camp hype video, but one of the reasons that I am less concerned about the injury that I was before is the clip below from the Jaguars official Twitter account. To put into perspective just how good of a pass-catcher he was in college,Etienne averaged 2.0 YPRR (yards per route run) and saw at least 10% of his teams targets in his final season. The 2022 NFL season is nearly upon us, and that means that its time for fantasy football draft preparation. . Its no secret that pass-catching running backs are heavily desired in fantasy football, and Travis Etienne is an elite receiving back. WR Zay Jones (chest) was limited. The Jaguars scored just 25 touchdowns as a team last season 13 of them on the ground. The Huddle has you covered-- Sleepers, custom rankings & much more. CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones reported this offseason that . This should give Etienne a very solid floor. It's easy to forget about Etienne's explosive style when he has exactly seven plays of 10-plus yards in his past five games. Andrew Erickson, Check out more fantasy football advice for Travis Etienne Jr. >>, Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | SoundCloud | iHeartRadio. Meanwhile, head coach Doug Pederson said that Etienne could have returned to the game if necessary, but the Jaguars opted to hold the running back out as a precaution, per The Associated Press. He also lost a fumble. Fantasy managers had running back Travis Etienne Jr. circled on their rankings as a rookie worth drafting heading into the 2021 season. Etienne broke his foot in August and has yet to play a regular-season snap. Etienne and the Jaguars will take on the Titans in Week 18. Etienne offers that same type of upside that Swift does. The Jacksonville Jaguars made a splash in the free-agent market by signing Christian Kirk to a four-year deal worth up to $84 million, per CBS Sports. 2 running back/pass-catcher JaMycal Hasty is a restricted free agent. In college, Etienne played in a high-scoring offense that allowed him to make big plays up the middle or outside. He was insanely productive at Clemson, posting two seasons with over 1,600 yards rushing. Etienne will reunite with his college quarterback, Trevor Lawrence. Its safe to say that even with adding a talented receiver such as Christian Kirk, the Jaguars have what looks to be a bottom-five receiving core in the NFL going into 2022. Despite Jacksonville having other glaring needs, they used a first-round pick to acquire Etienne in 2021. Travis Etienne is out for the year with a Lisfranc injury. He'll find the sledding much tougher against Tennessee in Week 18, but even good defenses need to worry about the big play with Etienne. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: fantasynews | arena: nfl | pageType: stories | Again, we sort of talked about that running back dead zone and some of the guys that are going around him. In 2021, they surrendered the fifth-most points while scoring the fewest. In the 2023 draft season, fantasy drafters will be coin-flipping whether to select Jonathan Taylor or Etienne with the first overall pick. Over his final 42 games at Clemson, Etienne gained 5,284 combined yards with 65 touchdowns and 97 catches. Over the past five weeks, I did 150 drafts in Best Ball Mania III at Underdog fantasy. 220 CAR. Etienne suffered a Lisfranc injury last preseason that ended his rookie campaign before it began. He added one reception for 12 yards. The Eagles turned to Wendell Smallwood as the pass-catching back for 2017 and 2018, and the targets to running backs immediately dipped to the bottom of the league. D'Onta Foreman is the success story. Time To Hang It Up: Five NFL Running Backs That Should Retire After The Season 2022 17.5 32nd. 2022 fantasy player outlook for Travis Etienne, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars. Etienne is sneaking into the top 20 at running back in most drafts. An Achilles injury typically takes around a year to recover from, and Robinson would be near the nine-month mark come Week 1 of the NFL season. Second-year running back Travis Etienne figures to be an important part of the Jacksonville Jaguars offense in 2022 but hes also expected to have plenty of value in Fantasy Football, according to guru Matthew Berry of NBC Sports. He did that despite being 30th in both rushing attempts and rushing yards (32nd Rushing YPG). . That's good for everyone in Jacksonville's offense. Rashod Bateman, Baltimore Ravens (ADP: 67): TE Mark Andrews aside, no other Raven has even PPR WR3 upside but this sophomore. 2022 6.9 9th. What jumps out at me about this chart is I believe that if Pederson feels he has a pass-catching weapon at running back, he will utilize him. He will also benefit from having been out there with his teammates, learning new head coach Doug Pedersons offense, and getting in the reps while Robinson is rehabbing his Achilles. If youve started your draft without taking a running back, Etienne provides a solid fallback option in the third or fourth round. Etienne (foot) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Lions after being limited in practice this week. I could see 70-80 targets going Etiennes way, which would be 4.1-4.7 targets per game, a doable feat, in my opinion, for an elite pass-catching running back like Etienne. James Robinson was the shocking breakout star in 2020, but a first-round pick in Etienne combined with a new . Etienne told John Shipley of SI.com after Sunday's contest that "we'll be straight by next weekend." After seeing their draft flow and developing my draft plan, I targeted Travis Etienne in the third round of every draft. ETN would proceed to finish the 2022 fantasy regular season tied for 5th in carries inside the 10-yard line (23), but he only scored four touchdowns on those carries. His performance was highlighted by a 25-yard gain on a game-deciding fourth down play with just under two minutes remaining in the game. Coach speak doesnt always come to fruition (see Ron Rivera comparing Antonio Gibson to Christian McCaffrey in Gibsons rookie season). Do not forget what this guy did at Clemson with Trevor Lawrence as his quarterback. Jaguars injury report: Based on my latest projections, I have him ranked 11th at running back while being on a path to average about 16 touches a game. 2022 Height / Weight 5'10" / 215 lbs. And with the dystopian nightmare that was last season's Urban Meyer fiasco, we expect significant improvement by the Jags in . By just about all accounts, Etienne has been the star of the Jaguars camp. Coach Doug Pederson said Monday that Etienne is dealing with a sprained foot, but the running back doesn't require a boot or crutches, Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network reports. One place to look is the pool of young players who haven't yet had a chance to show off their full skillsets. They've since made a few changes, most notably firing the worst head coach . Travis Etienne entered the 2022 fantasy offseason as a "winner" and a likely early-season workhorse for an ascending Jaguars offense due to James Robinson's late-season Achilles tear. Copyright 2010- FantasyPros.com Defenders had trouble bringing him down with arm and half-body tackles. Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne after the Hall of Fame Game. Who Is The Better Running Back, James Robinson or Travis Etienne? Still, it sounds like Pederson and the offensive coaches are trying their best to see how they can utilize Etienne as a weapon all over the field. TRAVIS EATIN @swaggy_t1 : #JAXvsHOU on CBS I wish the Jacksonville Jaguars came into 2022 with an outlook of an elite offense with a rising young quarterback and difference-maker running back. Justin Fields. Someone in every draft will take a chance on him in PPR formats before the end of Round 5 -- if not, then there's undeniable value there. Reports say that he looks explosive and is lining up all over the field. Tunnel vision is never a good thing in fantasy sports. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. In an article by Jonathan Jones of CBS, Etienne was asked about changing his designation to wide receiver. Etienne became the featured running back in Jacksonville in Week 8 after James Robinson was traded to the Jets. Etienne now has two more chances to upgrade his participation level in practice, with JaMycal Hasty, Snoop Conner and perhaps newcomer Darrell Henderson on hand to fill in if Etienne doesn't end up playing. 1 Pick, MMQB: Why Garoppolo Is Staying in San Francisco. Travis Etienne receiving ranks among RBs in 2020: 90.9 receiving grade (1st)588 receiving yards (1st)29 1st down/TD receptions (1st) pic.twitter.com/PtvzwogdtK, PFF College (@PFF_College) May 20, 2021. In Pedersons first year, Darren Sproles was sixth in targets among all running backs. Win your fantasy football league! In college, Etienne scored the 7th most rushing touchdowns of all time in college football and has the record for rushing touchdowns in the ACC. Etienne has now failed to top 55 rushing yards in four consecutive contests and also hasn't found the end zone in that span. Your inbox approves How bling has changed . I would not put that as his ceiling, though, as Etienne could average even 5-to-6 targets per game. If Robinson is able to get on the field early in the season, he would project to be the goal-line back over Etienne as the bigger of the two. He compensated for this shortfall by upping his value in the passing game (48/588/2). Let's take a look! . Chris Farley. The Jacksonville Jaguars RB could be the perfect addition to your roster in 2023 . According to NFL Next Gen prospect grades, Etienne falls into some great company with a 99 overall elite grade. You don't currently have any notifications. This is the time to do that stuff, to really experiment on both sides of the ball and just kind of see what the guys can do, and hes one of those guys.. Given that he missed his entire rookie season due to a Lisfranc injury to the same foot, the nature of Etienne's exit was particularly concerning. Its hard to argue that he was not worth the price, however. Fortunately for Etienne, he doesn't seem to be dealing with anything significant, though he'll likely need to upgrade to full participation in practice Friday to avoid carrying an injury designation into Sunday's game against the Lions. Travis Etienne suffered a foot injury in Week 12 of the 2022 NFL season. It's worth noting that he briefly left the game late in the fourth quarter due to an ankle injury, but he was able to retake the field. All signs point to Etienne suiting up in Week 1, but lets assume both backs are cleared. Etienne delivered a knockout blow to the Texans in the second quarter, taking a carry 62 yards for the touchdown and in the process posting a solid box score for his fantasy investors. 1 Overall Pick, Anthony Richardson, Wide Receivers, Dynasty IDP Rookie Draft Profile: Drew Sanders (2023 Fantasy Football), No, I'm a California resident looking for the California Consumer Privacy Act form. With newcomer Darrell Henderson inactive, JaMycal Hasty and Snoop Conner are next up for the Jaguars' carries versus Baltimore. Hes doing a great job handling a lot of information were throwing at the guys and putting him in different spots. . By CBS Sports Staff. From ourStart/Sit Assistant which provides your optimal lineup based on accurate consensus projections to ourTrade Analyzer which allows you to instantly find out if a trade offer benefits you or your opponent weve got you covered this fantasy football season. 1, Jets Land New Franchise QB. Although he . Etienne added 3 receptions for 32 yards on 3 targets. Debating notable start-sit decisions . Download Our Free News & Alerts Mobile App, Looking To Challenge For The Win Once Again At Las Vegas On Sunday, With Strong Qualifying Effort At Las Vegas -- Will Start 4th, The Favorite To Win Once Again At Las Vegas, Should Be A Contender At Las Vegas Once Again On Sunday, Looking To Continue RCR Momentum At Las Vegas, Looking For Another Win At Las Vegas, Starts 11th on Sunday, Bubba Wallace Might Have Something To Show Sunday, Not Feeling Well Enough To Start Saturday, Struggles With Chevy On Saturday At Vegas, A.J. Copyright 2019-2023. 2022 Fantasy Outlook. Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy . A name you will likely see him compared to, if you havent already, is Detroit Lions running back DAndre Swift. With James Robinson suffering a torn Achilles deep into last season, it quickly became the expectation that a healthy Travis Etienne would be the Jaguars' RB1 this year. One of the more polarizing players in fantasy football this year will be Travis Etienne, running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Travis Etienne ADP: 34 (RB17) In my experience, while opportunity is an important factor it is also overrated in fantasy football. Several reports have been coming out of the Jaguars camp that Etienne has been impressive, and in my opinion, those reports and this video helps ease the nerves a bit. For a team that both conquered the Bills and also ended the Colts' playoff hopes, the Jaguars endured one of the worst NFL campaigns in recent memory. Christian McCaffery, Ezekiel Elliot, Jonathan Taylor, and, of course, Travis Etienne. I have ETN ranked 18, so obviously, I think he can be a top 24 running back, Berry said. Los Angeles Chargers (ADP: 219): Tremendous upgrades on defense this offseason, combines with an offense that won't often leave it hanging. One potential obstacle for Etienne to overcome is the return of James Robinson from his Achilles injury that occurred on December 26th, 2021. Etienne (foot) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice. Over the past five weeks, I did 150 drafts in Best Ball Mania III at Underdog fantasy. I view Etienne as the drop-off at running back in the third round (if he makes that far) while also understanding that he has a first-round ceiling. If one of those guys goes down in 2023 we will probably see ETN see a boosted receiving role. Check out the latest news below for more on his current fantasy value. Travis Etienne, Jacksonville Jaguars (ADP: 35): Likely featured back in a committee; improved offense. I expect Etienne to move into the number one position at running back for Jacksonville. Top Five Greatest Houston Texans of All Time Etienne showed his potential for big plays against the Cleveland Browns in Week 1 of the 2022 NFL preseason. Rotowire Dec 11, 2022. February 28, 2023 2:35 pm ET. *New customer offer, cannot combine offers. What is Travis Etienne's fantasy outlook and projection for 2022, and should you look to draft him at his current ADP? According to Pro Football Focus, Williams recorded 63 forced missed tackles on his . Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Wednesday that he expects Etienne (foot) to play Sunday against the Lions, Mia O'Brien of 1010 XL 92.5 FM Jacksonville reports. He added two receptions for 17 yards. I dont think that the challenge for him to get there is that high. Robinson is a very capable pass catcher, but the Jaguars knew that and drafted Etienne anyway. Ezekiel Elliott Dynasty Profile: Fantasy Outlook, Value, Projections, and Rankings, Kyler Murray Dynasty Profile: Fantasy Outlook, Value, Projections, and Rankings, CeeDee Lamb Dynasty Profile: Fantasy Outlook, Value, Projections, and Rankings, Javonte Williams Dynasty Profile: Fantasy Outlook, Value, Projections, and Rankings, Aaron Jones Dynasty Profile: Fantasy Outlook, Value, Projections, and Rankings. The Jaguars are competent on offense and have been able to move the ball against their opponents all season (except the Texans). Excluding Etienne and rookie Breece Hall (who have yet to play a down in the NFL), all of the Next Gen Stats elite tier running backs on this list have a top-12 finish, and 6-of-8 have a top-5 finish. 6-keys: media/spln/nfl/reg/free/playerprofiles_fantasy. 2022 3.0 22nd. XFL DFS Value Plays: Week 3 Bargain Bin for DraftKings Including Brett Hundley, Jontre Kirklin, Sal Cannella, More

Hawaii Court Calendar, Arctic White Grout Vs Bright White, Fda Covid Vaccine Data Release, Articles T