.chat-cards .card { .btn-purple a:hover, .btn-purple a:focus, .btn-purple a:active { Called by The Chronicle and informed that McCormick is alive, he sounded stunned. z-index:999; background-color: #f5f5f5; Looking Back: Bay Area Kids Shows in the 1960s and 1970s, Partners in Reading: Adult and Family Literacy, California Room Clipping Files Television Stations, Mr. Bob the ventriloquist on KTVU Channel 2 San Francisco Oaklan. He had a show on Channel 7 weekdays from 7-8am. padding-right: 10%; } And though theyve been off the air for decades, Charley and Humphrey have not been forgotten. } This guy was sophisticated and knowledgeable about local culture. border-top: 0; } } . padding-left: 10%; width: 100%; padding-left: 0; flex-wrap: wrap; } } } display: none; border-radius: 6px; padding-left: 0; } padding-bottom: 56.25%; width: 100%; display: -webkit-flex; 2 in Oakland). margin: 15px 0 0; Top artists Do you have any record of this? } You wont find anything like it today. width:100%; #views-exposed-form-california-room-index-page-2 { } My favorite children's show was Mr. Bob who hosted 3 Stooges shorts and ran skits in between with his pal Happy. position:relative; } McCormick said in a statement released by the station yesterday, "As Charles Kuralt used to say, 'There's a bend in the road ahead -- I wonder what's around the bend? .hpcardhowto { .block-views-blockvolunteer-of-the-year-block-1 .view-content h3 { height: 100%; padding: 0 0 0 12px; } it has really rooty-toot fast instrumental music - i think piano, and the sponsor was maybe Gateway Chevrolet? McCormick on Tuesday said that he was aware of the outpouring of memories from fans who thought he was gone. } align-content: space-evenly; This is a very embarrassing family situation and I regret it, he said. color: #fff; .view-college-promise-comparison table > caption + thead > tr:first-child > th, .view-college-promise-comparison table > caption + thead > tr:first-child > td, .view-college-promise-comparison table > colgroup + thead > tr:first-child > th, .view-college-promise-comparison table > colgroup + thead > tr:first-child > td, .view-college-promise-comparison table > thead:first-child > tr:first-child > th, .view-college-promise-comparison table > thead:first-child > tr:first-child > td { } He was so cool! padding: 1% 5% 5%; margin-top: 0; position: relative; text-transform: capitalize; I was on the Mayor Art show, although I couldn't tell you when exactly, mid sixties I think. @media screen and (min-width:1200px) { width: 100%; @media screen and (min-width: 1500px) { } .views-field.views-field-field-people-phone, .views-field-field-commission-term-expires { .path-app-faqs section.col-sm-9, .path-search-faqs section.col-sm-9 { } float: left; .global-padding { Sadly, there wasn't much of a life left to save. float: left; border-top:1px solid #ddd; } .step-list { } display: flex; padding:10px; clear: both; #views-exposed-form-frequently-asked-questions-page-2, .no-search { .people-card, .flex-wrap-card.people-card { I called Bob March to thank him personally, and enjoyed an interesting chat about his career. Most TV weathercasters are professionally trained and certified by the American Meteorologi cal Society. .page-node-type-blog-lang .col-sm-9 { display: flex; margin: 20px 0; .btn-app-container .col-lg-12, .btn-app-container .col-xs-12 { color: #fff; } top: 15px; div#edit-programproposal-locations--wrapper--description { Their long-running shows on KTVU and KGO-TVthe creations of TV host Pat McCormickhelped shape the minds and morals of generations of children in the region. } } Pat McCormick (born c. 1933) is a retired local television personality in San Francisco, California's KGO-TV, and Oakland's, KTVU channel 2 in the San Francisco Bay Area, where among many jobs he was the nightly news' weatherman, hosted the midday movie Dialing for Dollars program, and co-hosted the local edition of the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. Pat McCormick (born c. 1933) is a retired local television personality in San Francisco, California's KGO-TV, and Oakland's, KTVU channel 2 in the San Francisco Bay Area, where among many jobs he was the nightly news' weatherman, hosted the midday movie Dialing for Dollars program, and co-hosted the local edition of the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. width: 100%; display: -webkit-box; margin: 20px auto; display: -ms-flexbox; float: left; .page-node-type-page-web .main-container .col-sm-9 { He said, I dont want people to grieve and miss me. } left:0; } Top 3 Sports Anchors: This category varies so widely in taste, as each of the three has had or still has longevity. .path-app-faqs section.col-sm-9, .path-search-faqs section.col-sm-9 { } flex-direction: column-reverse; The news of McCormicks death began circulating after his son contacted a reporter at the San Francisco Chronicle. .d-none { Born Robert William Monkman in Racine, Wisconsin, he was immediately drafted into the Army right out of high school. If you grew up in the Bay Area in the 60s, 70s or early 80s, youll instantly recognize these characters as Charley and Humphrey, the beloved puppets who once dominated local kids entertainment. float:left; height: auto; .path-rooms-faqs section#block-views-block-holiday-closures-block-1 { .footer, .breadcrumb, .region-header .tabs--primary.nav.nav-tabs { KVLY-TV (then KTHI-TV) - Fargo / Grand Forks, North Dakota These are two characters weve loved since we were kids.. 11). .view-empty { } .path-music-index-search .col-sm-9 { margin: auto !important; } display: block; box-shadow: none; #views-exposed-form-sj-aspires-opportunities-block-1 .form-item-grade select { text-align:right !important; background: #F5F5F5; .decision-tree { width: 65%; #libchat_modal_title { #block-views-block-frequently-asked-questions-block-9, #block-exposedformcalifornia-room-indexpage-2-2, .global-padding .view-header, .global-padding .view-footer, .view-music-collections-index.view-id-music_collections_index.view-display-id-page_2 .view-content { Because of Sane and Hagemans reverence for Charley and Humphrey as characters and local icons, it was important that they get the blessing of the man who created them. .view-college-promise-comparison table-hover > tbody > tr:hover { } } background: #105f84; flex: 2; padding-right: 10%; .lang-btns p a { } } } color: #fff; .global-padding .view-header, .global-padding .view-footer, .view-music-collections-index.view-id-music_collections_index.view-display-id-page_2 .view-content { .faqs .view-header button { That began us down the path towards this book.. background: #f2f2f2; I want to go quietly.. } padding-right: 10%; .btn-info:hover, .btn-info:active:hover { KTLA-DT: Popeye and Friends (with Tom Hatten and Edwin McCormick) KTLA-DT: Popeye And Friends and Three Stooges Uncle Woody Show (with Woody Bryant) KCOP: Romper Room ("Miss Mary Ann", "Miss Socorro") . @media screen and (min-width: 1024px) { float: left; .faq-dd { } } font-weight: bold; float: left; article.contextual-region.webform.full.clearfix form { But I do remember writing in and becoming a member of his "Thunder." something club--at least I think it was Thunder something--and even getting a membership card (purple and brown?). width: 100%; } color: #262626; Say hi to old Gus for me. [3], In a 2008 interview, McCormick admitted that the "Charley and Humphrey" skits were his favorite aspect of working on television: "All the other things I did on television were just jobs. I'll keep my eyes open though, and that's great that you got to be on the show! margin: 0; .bef-checkboxes .checkbox { padding: 20px 30px 30px; .alert-chat a:not(.close):not(.btn) { .view-eresources .form-type-textfield.js-form-type-textfield.form-item-words.js-form-item-words.form-group { padding-left: 30px; header #block-translation { .view-homepage-promo-cards.view-id-homepage_promo_cards { border-right: none; [CDATA[/* >