The burden of proof isnt high in civil cases. All he had to say was he was sorry, disappear for 3 months and volunteer at a womans group or something like that, then come back and story is mostly over. Buccaneers Alex Solis And Lauren Baxley Detail Harrowing Experiences With Deshaun Watson Sports Illustrated recently ran an interview focused around two of the victims suing Deshaun Watson, Alex Solis and Lauren Baxley, who opened up on how terrible the entire ordeal was. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Baxley also said that Watson used the session as a veneer to get her to look at and touch his genitals. He actually shows true remorse for his actions. I am the remaining plaintiff against Deshaun Watson, the Cleveland Browns quarterback who harassed and committed indecent assault against me", she wrote. She also said that he touched his penis to her hand multiple times repeatedly to get her to handle it. Now THAT is integrity, Goodell. He also constantly directed her to his lower stomach and groin areas, she said. Texan fans gonna ready and rowdy!! 1 draft pick, Lauren Baxley explains her refusal to settle with Deshaun Watson: He shows no remorse, Report: Derek Carr wants $35 million per year, Mike McCarthy: Kellen Moore wants to light the scoreboard up, I want to run the damn ball, The Raiders are the betting favorites to land Aaron Rodgers, ESPN reiterates report that Lamar Jackson wants a fully-guaranteed deal, Arrest warrant issued for Jalen Carter for reckless driving, racing, Aaron Rodgers says hell make a decision soon enough, Competition Committee begins to explore the quarterback push play, Players say Chiefs discourage them from reporting injuries, have NFLs worst training staff, Report: Jalen Carter was present at teammates fatal crash, misled police about it. Tony Buzbee, the lawyer representing Solis, said she has provided a statement to Houston police. From watching him this whole time it is my opinion He honestly does not think he did anything wrong. Thats questionable comment #1. By Lauren Baxley. Even one more victim is outrageous". Pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. First came back from suspension on the road in Houston. This guy will eventually end up behind bars. Judge Robinson's ruling truly bothered Baxley: "I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment. Lauren Baxley, a massage therapist is one of 22 women who have filed sexual assault accusations against Watson in the last month. Deshaun Watson is my assaulter and my harasser. "It all started with a skill saw . Watson is eager to bury this case and focus on his football career, but Lauren Baxley has explained her principles in not accepting a payout from the NFL star. In the letter, Lauren Baxley called Watson "a predator with power" and alleged he touched her with his penis multiple times during a massage session. Lauren Baxley is the second accuser to go public with her name. Most people use their real name. If she doesnt want to settle, okay, see you in court in 2023. She could be making it up or Why didnt she just leave are awful, victim-blaming takes. Another woman, who has not yet filed a lawsuit, detailed similar inappropriate behavior by Watson during a massage with her in the fall of 2019 toSports Illustrated's Jenny Vrentas. Baxley alleges that Watson also accosted her in June of 2020. That seems to match the details of a lawsuit filed last month that details a massage at the plaintiff's home, where the victim broke down in tears, alleging that Watson exposed himself and touched her hand "with the tip of his erect penis. Although the first civil lawsuits against Watson were filed more than 17 months ago and Baxley's alleged encounter with him occurred in June 2020, she hasn't been so quick to move forward or . Two of the accusers, Lauren Baxley and Ashley Soli, met with reporters from Sports Illustrated this. On Friday -- one day after the NFL and NFL Players Association (NFLPA) reached a settlement on an 11-game suspension and $5 million fine for Watson -- Lauren Baxley wrote a column for The Daily . She then continued by claiming Watson had instructed her not to use her forearms or knuckles, but "my fingers for digital stimulation". A portion of the response here. We all know the answer (bawk, bawk!). Cleveland.com via AP Baxley wrote that she was "forced into quitting for the sake of my health" and safety in June 2020. We also wont be having an extended dialogue about why you think your client did nothing wrong or how you want this to be a `learning'experience for your `high profile athlete,'as you refer to him. Second, hopefully that treatment and reinstatement requires admission of wrongdoing; otherwise what good is it? Lauren Baxley (left), Deshaun Waton (right) during a practice with the Cleveland Browns. "We believed then and fully believe now that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people he does not know. Watson shows no remorse or regret AND he was rewarded with an unprecedented contract. A request for comment from Watson's agent on Solis and Baxley's claims has not yet been returned. Watson also said he looked forward to clearing his name and that he has never treated a woman with anything but the utmost respect.. And how convenient for the NFL that he comes back against the Texans. She added that she was also heartbroken for his family and legions of fans after learning that his "good guy persona is nothing more than a meticulously designed facade to keep your victims silent and second guessing themselves.". Buzbee said the report was not from Solis but another client. She is one of 22 women who have filed a complaint against Deshaun Watson, the quarterback for the Houston Texans. Anybody did to my daughter or wife what Watson did to those ladies.no amount of money, no length of suspension would satisfy my blood lust. Browns and Haslam should have never signed him. Watson will never show remorse because he REALLY feels he did nothing wrong. Just admit what you did and move on. "Any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false," Hardin said. He needs to actually take a page out of Michael Vicks book on how to man up and own what you did (both acts were beyond horrendous). "I hope he knows how much pain he's inflicted on me emotionally and physically," she concluded. During the remainder of the session, Baxley said she felt "powerless and trapped", thinking of Watson's millions of fans, followers and his resources and income, and how "with a snap of [his] fingers, I knew my career might be lost.". Lauren Baxley is the second woman to come forward as one of the 22 women accusing Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct. Lauren Baxley: Sure. Things like show remorse, admission to having a problem and actively dealing with said problem. This is your queue. "This happened multiple times - and the remainder of the session was spent trying not to be sick, to not have an outburst, and to keep you covered," she alleged. Describing herself as "just one of dozens of women whose lives have been. Baxley said she attempted to cover his genitals with a different towel, which she claims he later removed after becoming aroused as she was massaging his upper quad area. At Tuesday's news conference, an attorney with Buzbee's firm read a letter written by another of the women who has accused Watson of sexual assault and has also chosen to be publicly identified. Skip Navigation Share on Facebook But Mr. Buzbee informed us that he was unwilling to do so. Judge Robinson found that Watson committed non-violent sexual assault. August 19, 2022 at 6:33 pm Watson and Solis agreed to set up a massage for March 30, 2020. We will fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department., Hardin previously noted the lack of evidence submitted to police in these cases and said it was because Buzbees parade of anonymous allegations could not survive the rigorous inquiry of trained investigators or the need to attest to the truth of the allegations under oath., Hardin also released a list of 18 named therapists who said Watson never made them feel uncomfortable or demanded anything outside the scope of a professional massage.. Lauren Baxley Explains Why She Has Refused to Settle Lawsuit with Deshaun Watson Doric Sam August 19, 2022 Nick Cammett/Getty Images Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson has reached. Thats why they agreed to 11 games rather than the collectively bargained full season they could have required. nhpats2011 says: "At such time, you moved in such a way that your penis touched my hand," she wrote. I knew he could destroy my reputation as a professional massage therapist if he somehow turned it around that I had initiated some sort of sexual contact, she explained. A SECOND woman to go public with claims of sexual misconduct against Deshaun Watson said she "tried not be be sick" after the Texans quarterback told her grab his genitals during a massage last year. Solis added that once she expressed her outrage and asked him to leave, Watson tried to argue that he didnt want his reputation hurt and hoped her reputation would not be hurt if she told anyone. Attorney reads letter from another of Deshaun Watson's accusers 13,951 views Apr 6, 2021 77 Dislike Share KPRC 2 Click2Houston 481K subscribers An attorney reads a letter form Lauren Baxley. I was terrified. There is a lot more to violence than injury, as anyone who has suffered abuse knows full well. Tony Buzbee, the lawyer representing Solis, claims that there are now 22 alleged victims under consideration at his firm. Calling the request an "ethical violation of massage practise", Baxley said she compromised by using the lateral border of her hand. Lauren Baxley is the second accuser to make her identity known to the public. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone "When I covered your groin area the towel I provided, you said it was itchy and rough.". Baxley's letter followed on from a tearful statement delivered by fellow massage therapist Ashley Solis, who recalled the "terrible things" Watson is capable of after he allegedly "assaulted her" . The Texans are complicit in this they clearly enabled Watsons behavior. ", Watsons lawyer Rusty Hardin claimed in a statement after Solis' press conference on Tuesday that her attorney, Tony Buzbee, "sought $100,000 in hush money on behalf of Ms. Solis to quietly settle the allegations a month before he filed the first lawsuit.". Lauren Baxley gave permission for a letter she wrote to Deshaun Watson to be read publicly at the press conference by one of the attorneys. He claimed that there is evidence of email exhanges to confirm this request made to Scott Gaffield, the General Counsel at the Atheles First agency representing Watson. All 22 women who filed lawsuits against Watson have similar stories. "I come forward now in hopes Deshaun Watson does not hurt another woman," she told reporters. She says that Friel. Baxley alleges that Watson got in touch with her through social media. At least five women said he ejaculated over the course of a session. In Baxley's letter, she spoke of how she was "excited" to work with Watson when he first approached her through Instagram last year, but quickly their interactions turned "strange". In 2019 I modeled for the 2020 Varsity Spirit magazine and helped promote their uniforms . But instead his lack of remorse and insistence in innocence keeps this in news cycle. Watson is facing 22 lawsuits, per ESPN's Sarah Barshop, with Buzbee telling reporters Tuesday his firm declined to pursue five more cases. Some of the responses here just show how bitter and angry some men can be towards women in general. ", Pondering what Watson's remarks meant, Baxley said: "If all you wanted was professional work then maybe other therapists were star-struck by your local celebrity. Hardin also said Watson and his representatives "will fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department" as part of any criminal investigation. The Texans star also issued a statement from 18 female massage therapists which claimed that he has never placed them in an uncomfortable position and is a respectful client. Watson is now free to deny any wrongdoing without facing consequences from the NFL. Now that the profession that I love so much has been forever tainted, I am deeply saddened but not surprised to see so many victim-blaming in the press and by online commenters. He probably cant really admit to anything until all the civil cases are settled, but his lack of remorse is the scariest part of this to me. I wanted to go shower and scrub myself until I bled. Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, an attorney for Baxley, read a letter her client directed at Watson. The last part of your Myspace URL. No integrity. Dr. Lauren Baxley is an Assistant Professor of Instruction and field placement coordinator in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program in the Department of Child & Family Studies at USF. Lauren Bexley is the second accuser to reveal her identity after Ashley Solis. Also Read: Who Is Deshaun Watson's Girlfriend, Jilly Anais? The lone holdout has explained her decision to refuse to resolve the case. ", Pondering what Watson's remarks meant, Baxley said: "If all you wanted was professional work then maybe other therapists were star-struck by your local celebrity. End of Story. Something YOU and some cheating owners DO NOT have. Hes learned nothing from this, and any mandatory counseling will be pointless if he feels hes innocent. I am just one of dozens of women whose lives have been eternally harmed by his sexual violence. The attorney read: Bexley also took shots at Deshaun Watson's community work outside the NFL. She spoke alongside attorney Tony Buzbee who revealed another of Watson's accusers to be Lauren Baxley. good for you. The judges language was baffling and disgusting. Massage therapist Lauren Baxley - one of 22 women to file sexual misconduct claims against Watson in the past month - claims in court documents that the NFL star touched her inappropriately and exposed himself during a session in June. Her description of what happened with her is just so disgusting. Deshaun is an idiot. The women, Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley, said the superstar QB touched them inappropriately during massage sessions, traumatizing them. With attorney Tony Buzbee by. He assaulted me at my home doing what I love most, massage therapy," she said in a statement with attorney Tony Buzbee by her side. He says hes a Christian? ", Watsons lawyer Rusty Hardin claimed in a statement after Solis' press conference on Tuesday that her attorney, Tony Buzbee, "sought $100,000 in hush money on behalf of Ms. Solis to quietly settle the allegations a month before he filed the first lawsuit.". In her lawsuit against Watson, Solis alleges that when she began massaging the 25-year-old player, he started telling her specific places on his body to do her work and to always use her hands instead of her fists or elbows. "When you requested a pre-consultation phone call, I was happy to oblige," Baxley wrote. Now THAT is integrity, Goodell. Theres an old saying that goes Nothings illegal unless you get caught. Watson is required to submit to an evaluation and treatment, before he is reinstated. The only one to not do so has stepped forward to explain her reasons. An 11 game suspension? Gaffield explained his e-mail Tuesday in a statement issued by Hardin's firm. Its reprehensible that he even still has a job playing football. Solis oftentimes got choked up while telling her story. Two women have decided to go public with their claims that Deshaun Watson sexually assaulted them during massages. This guy will eventually end up behind bars. Attorney Buzbee said Solis and another accuser have spoken to the police but did not confirm what agency. But you can pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. Something YOU and some cheating owners DO NOT have. Keep fighting the good fight. Thus far, the NFL has taken no action against Watson, but representatives for the league have interviewed both Solis and Baxley to pin them down over their allegations. The Texans quarterback allegedly issued a veiled threat to Solis to remain quiet about their session, or he'd potentially seek to harm her reputation. 9 After she read her statement in front of TV cameras, one of her attorneys also revealed the name of a second woman who made similar allegations in a lawsuit Lauren Baxley, who was identified as another therapist. The NFL is looking more like the WWE every year. Allegedly, according to the NFL, Deshaun Watson always introduced himself as an NFL QB to these massage therapists Lets start with her comments saying she felt powerless against someone his size. Some days I feel like a hero. In Baxley's case, she said her encounter with Watson happened last June. Your login session has expired. The first woman to accuse Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual assault in a lawsuit filed last month publicly identified herself Tuesday and a second woman was named in a public.

Easter Service Ideas For Small Churches, Gestalt Therapy And Attachment Theory, Ny Mets Promotional Schedule 2021, Ed Hardy Sangria Nutrition Facts, Articles L