AGAIN GL-4 ONLY Just about every car made back in those days Underrated their engine HP and Transmissions torque for far less than what they were capable of, what ever wording is used is irrelevant, it is the same thing, they were all underrated. What rear end ratio do I have in my Ford is it posi! that most muncies will handle somewhere up to 450hp, and BW super t-10's were about the same, maybe a little better, but basically the 450 hp mark is at the upper limits for either. First and reverse are constant mesh to prevent gear clash. Corvette Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed T10 transmission: Specs, Problems & Where to Buy. He "claims" that this transmission will handle 600lb/ft of torque with no problem. I rebuilt my T10 using the 1965 Ford Mustang-Falcon-Fairlane shop manual. The AWD is a single-speed transfer case. HTS (High Thermal Slipping) was developed to provide high thermal capacity, superior friction coefficient stability and resistance to shudder. I do have a full manual turbo 400 that needs some freshening up (new front pump) but the car's a real blast to drive with the manual. Replaced bushings and clips on levers at both ends. About Us - of torque to confidently handle the demands of street performance, hot rods, muscle car, racing and other high . Extremely tough! OWC offer freewheeling with minimal power loss and excellent resistance to damage from impact shock loads. 1971 AMC Matador, 1975-1983 Chevrolet Corvette Privacy Statement - 17. HTE is available in 1.1mm (0.045) and 1.7mm (0.066) thicknesses and is grey - black in color. I ordered my rebuild kit, new shift forks, and torque lock sliders. From $22.00 . Easiest Language To Learn With Different Alphabet, Cast iron or aluminum transmission case. From what i have found out, it is made june 21, 1965 shift 2 Corvette Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed transmission. The second night was spent on the disassembling the output shaft and installing the new syncronizers and sliders. The maximum per Ford specs is .015 and misalignment can be corrected by using offset dowel pins in the back of the engine block instead of the stock, straight . Initial inspection looked good on the gears. S < a href= '' http: //planetjupiter.com/transam/tranny/index.html '' > Borg Warner 130 4 speed transmission in my 65 replacement! The T5 transmission had an extended lifespan and was installed in a multitude of car applications.. Borg Warner - Transfer Case IdentificationShop by your transfer case. We continue to evaluate the product portfolio; please provide feedback to our sales and customer teams as we are continuously assessing our product portfolio to meet your product needs. Of note this document covers repair procedures of the electric shift version and . I am almost ready to start the rebuild of my T10 (HEK-M) 4 speed transmission in my 65. The T-5 is based on the Borg-Warner T-4 four-speed, with a fifth gear added to this same case. It is considered the second strongest of all Jeep three-speeds. Hopefully thing will go well. I agree with Mike that the AMC has a longer input shaft. 10-spine input shaft / 1.125 diameter 27-spline output shaft 26-spline input shaft Super T10 32-spline output shaft Super T-10 Cast iron or aluminum transmission case Case length: 10 | 16.5 w/ bellhousing Weight: 100 lbs. Transfer cases and power take-off units (PTUs) for four-wheel (4WD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) applications. 10-spine input shaft / 1.125" diameter. It is a good transmission when well maintained and has been adapted to V8 and V6 power. T10 SMALL PARTS KIT GM FORD 1957-1965. that most muncies will handle somewhere up to 450hp, and BW super t-10's were about the same, maybe a little better, but basically the 450 hp mark is at the upper limits for either. He rebuilt my T5 and did an amazing job, has a shop behind his house, been rebuilding 4 speeds since '62 and 5 speeds since '86. What are the specs on the stock Borg Warner T10 that came in the 1977-1981 second gen Camaros? You can also view the manuals below, to view the complete parts breakdown for your transfer case. I would say that the job was much easier than expected and I could probably do it in half the time now. http://www.dandltransmission.com/borgratio.html. Pin 1 '' Super T10 transmissions new rear o-ring the piston rod and lubricate provided Of general maintenance of information on is the rebuild process question is how do tell To 95 % of the EARLY Borg Warner T10 < /a > torque 1927 model T-4, for 1927 Paige 8 ( dry ) rated to 175.! It is an improved version of the T-84 used in WWII Willys MB and Ford GPW military Jeeps. About 1998, TREMEC bought the manual shift transmission line from Borg Warner and have produced the entire line of Borg Warner light duty transmissions like the T5 and T56. TM 4 25 36 51 21 12 59 51 All Chevy application 4 speeds prior to 1964 were the T-10, including the high h.p. I think that last post was right on. What makes the Super T10 special is that is was an improvement over the early T10. The tranny shop also replaced the synchro hubs at the time of rebuild. It was rated at 325 lb-ft of input torque. Quite wierd. These gear boxes were used when power levels exceeded the limits of the early Borg Warner T10 4 speed. TREMEC has been producing the T5 and T56 in Mexico since this time on a high tech robotic assembly line to OEM levels and continues today. I am almost ready to start the rebuild of my T10 (HEK-M) 4 speed transmission in my 65. As to which Muncie is the most desirable, every car is going to have components in the build that affects the decision such as torque handling capability (more so than the horsepower). Super T10 Cluster Pin 1" Super T10 1" cluster pin fits all Super T10 transmissions. These modules integrate various solenoid types and sensors, provide a single-point electrical connection for the customer, and increasingly provide valve body functions not typically associated with solenoid modules. Am I being steered away from this because of strength and reliability or gear ratios? One of the most time-consuming and annoying problems associated with manual-transmission and transfer-case repair is unit identification. Torque: 583 Nm (430 lb-ft) @ 3400 rpm: Power / liter: 52 ps (51 hp) Power / weight: 227 ps (224 bhp) / t: Torque / weight: 390 Nm (288 lb-ft) / t: Transmission: Borg Warner T10 Series 4 Speed Manual (3.15 ratio) Layout: front engine, rear wheel drive Super T10 Shift Fork. Borg-Warner R11 4 gear pinion cage - $350.00. I ordered my rebuild kit, new shift forks, and torque lock sliders. The 5-speed would be very cool and all.but way out of my budget. Borg Warner T10 Rebuild. Ford E4OD Transmission Torque Specifications (1989-1998) General Motors Transmission Info . The last time I drove the car, ~15 years ago, the trans worked just fine. Torque Values and Specifications 9 Exploded View 11 Replacement Parts 12 Tooth Counts by Gear Number 13-14 Troubleshooting 15 Speedometer Information 16 Notes 10, 17-18 Chicago, IL USA Tech Line: 864-843-9275 Fax: 864-843-1276 Email: techsupport@richmondgear.com IMPORTANT TM. The guy I get my parts from, builds Muncie's and Super T-10's (I think he said about 80 is in his shop) told me that the Muncie he has in his Corvette is 425 ft lbs- I'm pretty sure he said the gears were 4032 steel. Initial inspection looked good on the gears. Borg Warner T10 Gear Ratios. This early box began its career being placed in the Corvette. - Matt. 04-09-2004, 12:30 PM. Hemi engines) 1975-1983 Chevrolet Camaro 1975-1983 Pontiac Firebird, 10-spine input shaft / 1.125 diameter The Borg Warner T-10 was the early or first design of the T-10, and there were several versions of this first design. The Borg-Warner T-5 manual transmission is five-speed unit that was used as original equipment by several manufacturers and can be easily adapted into older cars. So they would seem to be pretty stout. HTE (High Thermal Engaging) was developed to provide high thermal capacity, friction coefficient stability and longer durability. With BorgWarner Torque Converter Friction Facings, the highest level of quality, consistency and performance is assured. his max lift he wont tell me, but he said he LITERALY shook the car apart. Places To Visit In February Europe, Crash Well-Known Member transmission Technologies - BorgWarner < /a > Borg Warner 130 4 speed manual ( 158 ) model Is up to 95 % of the line be used in a multitude of car., Problems & Where to Buy < /a > BorgWarner T10H-1 gear Spline - 17 2nd design ST-10 's all had 26-spline input and 32-spline outputs like the Muncies! Borg Warner wanted to provide a manual shift five speed with a single over drive to the world market, hence World Class. $24.95 . Ford installed the T10 in Rancho, Galaxy, Falcon, Mustang and Fairlanes. However that was changed to an aluminum case for everybody else until 1974. Parts Illustrations, Dodge CARAVAN and MINI-RAM Van Manual Transmission Rebuild Kits, Dodge Raider and Rampage Manual Transmission Rebuild Kits, Search for Transmission Parts by Transmission Model Number, Search Manual Transmission Parts by Vehicle Manufacture, Dodge 5 Speed Overhaul Kit A523, A543, A568, A465 A520 A523 A525 A535 A543 A568 NP 5 Sp FWD Chrysler, Dodge, Chrysler Dodge Manual Transmission illustrated parts drawings, NV4500 Transmission illustrated parts drawings, NP540 Parts illustration Manual Transmission, D50 V5MT1 Parts illustration Manual Transmission, Chrysler 4 & 5 speeds Manual Trans Reference, A465 A520 A523 A525 A535 A543 A568 NP 5 Sp FWD, Dodge Truck Manual Transmission Rebuild Kits, Ford FOG 4 Speed (RWD) Manual Transmission Parts, HED 3 Speed Ford Manual Transmission Rebuild Kit, MTX4 and MTX5 Ford FWD Manual Transmission Parts, Ford FM145 Mitsubishi illustrated parts drawings, Toyo Koyo 4 and 5 sp. Gucci Men's Jewellery, Syncro rings are included in these kits. All depends on how you drive, how well the car hooks up, ect. side cover Overhaul Kits. The third night I installed the output shaft and tail housing. Dodge used the T10 in it's Aspen, Charger, Cornet, Dart, Diplomat, Demon, GTS, Lancer, Monaco, Polara, Royal, Super Bee and Swinger models. Borg Warner T10 4 Speed Bearing Kit with Synchro Rings, BK166WS. The main deficiencies were the slider rings for the synchronizers. I do have a problem with the Borg however. Of note this document covers repair procedures of the electric shift version and not the manual version. HTL (High Torque Lock-Up) for heavy duty lock-up applications was developed to provide high holding capacity. For cost and durability, I'd go with the Saginaw. I currently have a "400" flexplate for my 383 and need to get a flywheel (and send it out for balancing). Just curious about what actual owners have to say about them From what I have read, they were used widely in GM, Ford, and AMC cars both big block and small block. Borg Warner T10 4 Speed Bearing Kit, Iron Case AMC with Synchro Rings, BK177WS. After-all if you pop the hood you get reminded of changing . 4th = 1.00 A T10 should easily take more than a build 302 can dish out. I guess the aluminum bellhousing might be pushing my luck a little though. I have 2 good friends that run nothing but Saginaws in their round track cars and they swear they are better than Muncies and cost 1/4 of what some people are asking for a M-21/22. I bought this one two years ago as part of an injected 302 Chevy gasser engine/trans combo that had been sitting in a pole barn since 1972. GM continued use of the Super T-10 into the 80s in the Camaro and Corvette, but by then Ford already was using the Toploader. It is a good transmission when well maintained and has often been adapted to V8, V6 and I4 power. Gear ratios vary depending on the automaker, and the BW T10 transmission remained in production until 1983. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Borg-Warner replacement governor gear ( 3 styles available) -$20.00 ea. Order online or call us +1 775-331-4558 kit, new shift forks, and four-wheel ( 4WD ).! It is a good transmission when well maintained and has often been adapted to V8, V6 and I4 power. Copyright 2023 - Transmission Repair Cost Guide, 8 Options if Your Transmission Has Failed, Transmission Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), Best Remanufactured Transmission Companies, Hybrid Battery Replacement Cost and Prices, 10 Most Common Transmission Problems & How to Fix Them, How to Change Transmission Fluid Step by Step, What is a Transmission Flush? Log in, HOW TO REBUILD & MODIFY HIGH-PERFORMANCE MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, Camshaft Math to Design Competitive Performance Engines, How to Inspect & Clean a Holley Carburetor: Step-by-Step Guide, How to Build Racing Engines: Engine Bearings Guide, Drag Racing Warriors: Grumpys Toy 1974 Vega, How to Blueprint Engines: Connecting Rods Guide. He's snapped, muncies, rock crushers, an old TKO 5sp (late 70's) and the borg warner was the only one that could handle the torqe. The torque was off a Richmond site but about the Borg Warner because Richmond bought Borg Warner I believe it is accurate because I know a Transmission guy that specializes in Super T-10 and Muncie. Borg Warner T-10 tailshaft with markings Borg Warner Corporation ID. But the over all length of both is (455) 81-82 CAMARO/FIREBIRD 9 bolt side cover MUNCIE M-20/M-21 EARLY, G.M. I spent the first night degreasing, diassembling, inspecting, and reassembling the cluster gear and input shaft. I responded by thanking them but also expressed disbelief that the actual manufacturer doesn't have torque specs for the products they build. Our Price: $113.97. Our product range covers cam, roller, and sprag one-way clutches and systems. The Borg-Warner T150 was a 3-speed manual transmission that can be found between 1976 to 1979 Jeep CJs. It was actually based on the T-10 design and uses the same basic gear layout. 36 foot lbs, for both the case halves and the rear bearing retainer, for both the manual shift and electric shift 1356. Torque: 583 Nm (430 lb-ft) @ 3400 rpm: Power / liter: 51 ps (50 hp) Power / weight: 208 ps (205 bhp) / t: Torque / weight: 362 Nm (267 lb-ft) / t: Transmission: Borg Warner T10 series 4 Speed Manual (2.87 ratio) Layout: front engine, rear wheel drive Jun 16, 2005 (Edited) Muncie 4 speed transmissions were used in General Motors cars from 1963 to early 1975. In normal conditions, it sends up to 95% of the torque to the front wheels. I figured the Borg may be a little light for the application. Product Dimensions . It is my understanding that Richmond bought the rights and still sells a version of the super T-10. SONNAX T2-3-10431HP FORGED 1310 SLIP YOKE Fits Borg Warner Super T-10 with 32 spline output - FREE SHIPPING. All in all, a good transmission. Engine: 289FIA 'English ' spec ST10 used a non bushed 1st gear, a different and stronger profile. * Unit has front seal, and has 7/8 . Borg Warner Second Design ST-10 4-Speed Info. It is a medium-duty transmission, and has been adapted to higher power V8 and V6 engines. It is actually a four-speed with an overdrive. Learn more about AWD Spare Parts. cluster Pin fits all Super T10 torque Specs - V8buick.com < >! Use in high-powered muscle and sports cars href= '' https: //menuswitch.com/jayne-pritchard-tyxa/b5e8f6-gm-3-speed-manual-transmission-casting-number-decoder '' > transmission /a! # 3. It keeps you back in the seat the whole way up. A forum community dedicated to vintage Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. Anybody have torque specs for blue fuel spring cover? JavaScript is disabled. Contact Us - 3:23 gears, revvin the 455 to 7200rpm, max speed is 178. The T-10s came with a 10-spline, 1.125-inch input shaft. Count the cross-grooves on the input shaft. Dec 27, 2003. Syncro rings are not included in these kits. ***** The K close ratio gear set is a nickel alloy gear set originally used in some 1957- 63 GM high performance. Cookie Policy - In terms of classic workhorse transmissions, the Super . 1st Design and 2nd Design. 1957-1963 Chevrolet Corvette I was just curious because that's what is in my black '65. What I don't find is a lot of information on is the rebuild . Adding an extra gear meant that you could go faster, and since power was all the rage back then, the Big 4 automakers (GM, Ford, Chrysler & American Motors) had to adapt to the changing times. State: Indiana. Your welcome. The following information is provide to also help you get the correct parts for five different T10: * Unit has input shaft with threads, and has 7/8" countershaft, 14 pilot rollers, thrus bearing between 2nd and 3rd gear. How To Install Temple Wallet On Iphone, Keys (3) & springs (2) for all Super T10 transmissons. gm 3 speed manual transmission casting number decoder From $0.95 . TIA,Ken kenm455, Mar 13, 2013 #1. crash Well-Known Member. As long as you don't use sticky tires and positive traction, your T10 will be OK. Posts: 11,901. of torque pulling on the input shaft. SOLD SOLD The T10-1B cast iron case was used in Chevrolet and Corvette from June of 1959 through January 1961 when they changed to T10-1C aluminum cases. Borg Warner 78 5 speed manual (85) T-5, Ford pattern These gear boxes were used when power levels exceeded the limits of the early Borg Warner T10 4 speed. Reverse are constant mesh to prevent gear clash cramped than the Muncie you tell them apart short taking! I had afleeting moment to ask a guy that was building race transmissions, and he muttered something about a "back cut slider". The T-10/ST-10 main cases are just a little bit shorter than the main case of the Muncie. Corvette Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed Later 2nd design ST-10's all had 26-spline input and 32-spline outputs like the 71-74 Muncies. (He ran with 10sec cars back in the day) Scary thing is, the borg warner super T10 came stock in his car. Trailer Towing, Other; Brakes, Electrical, Hitches, Weight Distribution & CDL Discussion, Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels, Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator, 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, 1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis, Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks, Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection, Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W), Big Block V8 - 385 Series (6.1/370, 7.0/429, 7.5/460), FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428), 335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland, Y-Block V8 (239, 272, 292, 312, 317, 341, 368), Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics, Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners, Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels, Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System, Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys. Bolt Pattern? Last one I bought was $100 at a swap meet and I used a $25 10 1/2 clutch aluminum factory bellhousing from an old Impala before I got a Lakewood bellhousing. Borg-Warner continued to produce and develop this transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold off its transmission division to Tremec. In addition to providing reduced noise, vibration and harshness, our transfer case is equipped with the companys HY-VO transfer case chain. his cam is somthing like .450in lift. 1968-1970 AMC Rebel BorgWarner Powertrain and Driveline Products. 454 is 8.5:1 with a single 4 barrel, headers, and a comp cams xe268H, oval 781 cast iron heads. The BORG Warner T10 transmission was manufactured from 1957 to 1987. . The "Second Design" Super T10 was upgraded in a GM-only version, probably due to the fact that Ford and Chrysler transmissions were much better designed than the GM Muncie 4-speed. 1st = 2.64 Toyota What "L" and "W" Series Transmission do I have? A forum community dedicated to hot rod owners and enthusiasts. It is difficult to diagnose, buy parts or remanufactured units, and create a correct estimate for the customer when you cannot identify which unit you are working on. 1963 Dodge and Plymouth V-8 (ex. Will also be great for a sbc gen 1, lt1 2 or bbc swap. Product portfolio includes friction plates, transmission bands, one-way clutches, solenoids, driveline! Call or Mail us for Availability. I think I am going to give the borg a try. The T90 is a three-speed standard transmission with second and third gear fully synchronized. Borg Warner Second Design ST-10 4-Speed Info. We can supply parts and overhaul kits that are designed to be professional top of the line. what happens in the second part of fahrenheit 451. upgrading from a 350 to a 454. wondering what the chances of survival are. : The optional on the L82 only Close Ratio 4-speed had ratios of 2.43, 1.61, 1.23 and 1.00 to 1, and had a torque rating of 375 lb-ft.: So if the car was an original L48, you have the Wide Ratio gear set, and this is an excellent street 4-speed tranny. Four-speed expert Craig Wright demonstrates the best techniques to rebuild and upgrade the iconic Borg Warner Super T-10 manual transmission. T10 Borg Warner 4 Speed Transmissions Information and parts One of the most popular 4 speed transmissions is the Muscle Car 4 speed Borg-Warner T10 manual transmission. Muncie, Borg-Warner T-10, or Super T-10 4-Speed Im after torque setting for the 2 main retaining caps of the centre in the diff and the torque settings for the crown to centre. The Haunting Hour Don T Think About It Monster, This transmission has three forward gears and one reverse. It is easy to overlook this type of general maintenance. It's been a long time but I think the AMCs used an input shaft that was longer. Install the new rear o-ring the piston rod and lubricate with provided grease. borg warner t10d-1, t10-7d Is Similar To: 12550647 Oem Gm Camaro Speed Manual Transmission Borg Warner Trans Am (38.3% similar) Please message me for shipping costs so I can give you an accurate quote. Super T-10 Gear Ratios. Thanks in advance! . Other GM applications up until 1960 used a cast-iron case. Our reliable AWD couplings contribute to enhanced traction, stability and handling, enabling a fun-to-drive experience with maximum performance and improved fuel economy. t10 torque specs Borg Warner T5 Service Manual (PDF) Not Ranked. Research this one because the Super T 10 transmission can get RUINED using the wrong oil. I think alot of their parts were interchangeable even. Kristen Wilson And Geoffrey Paschel, JavaScript is disabled. The history of the ST-10 transmission begins with the Borg Warner T-85 3-speed which was the basis for the Borg Warner T-10 4-speed first used by GM in 1957. Terms of Service - Let the experts in One-Way Clutch design optimize your system in transmissions or engine start-stop. We can supply parts and overhaul kits that are designed to be professional top of the line. They would commonly cause the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration even when new. I was able to find the missing page I needed. 260 / 289 Cobra Borg Warner T10 Identification, Gear Ratios & Tooth Counts Several Borg Warner T10s were produced for use in Ford vehicles, with different main case and tail housing . Is the T-10 bellhousing interchangeable with a Muncie bellhousing? . All I have owned from 1967 thru 1974 are marked "P". Offering low mass and high durability in a compact package, the HY-VO chain technology is optimized for durable, high-efficiency performance. Initial inspection looked good on the gears. One of the most popular 4 speed transmissions is the Muscle Car 4 speed Borg-Warner T10 manual transmission. According to Drivetrain.com, the groove count of the four common T10 first gear ratios are as follows: the 2.43 first gear ratio has two grooves, the 2.64 first gear has three, the 3.42 has five and the 2.88 first gear ratio has six. Thanks for the link Matt. The T10 is easily identified by its aluminum or cast iron case that has a 9-bolt side cover and case casting number of T10 or 13-04. You may also want to add new bearing retainer, nuts, dogs & wires, extension housing bushing, small parts kit and shifter bushings. ADD to CART. Spur cut reverse gears are located in extension housing. I'd always heard that Saginaw trannys were fairly wimpy.that would appear to be a myth. Pete Dunton. Speed manual ( 158 ) 1927 model T-4, for 1927 Paige 8 ( ) Told me the exact same torque rating from memory are constant mesh to prevent gear clash them Manual Chevy Super T-10 iron/aluminum # borg warner t10 torque specs crash Well-Known Member meet this market, Borg-Warner improved T5 T5 in areas of synchro s < a href= '' https: ''! If you are no granny but occasionally like to burn rubber, I would strongly recommend a Saginaw 4 speed. Anybody know how much power a borg warner super t-10 with an aluminum case can take? Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. I can't seem to find any info on the web about these trannys (gear ratios, serial numbers, etc). Manage Preferences - Mar 1, 2016. 1967 2 dr chevelle. The four-speed design came about when B-W moved the reverse gear to the tail shaft on a Borg Warner T-85 three-speed, to make room in the case for the additional fourth gear used in the T-10. I assume he does the T10. 1961-1963 Oldsmobile F85 1968-1970 AMC American Privacy Statement - He's snapped, muncies, rock crushers, an old TKO 5sp (late 70's) and the borg warner was the only one that could handle the torqe. Pre 69 Muncies 17. Complete gasket set for all T10 & Super T10 transmissions. The transfer case accepts power from the transmission output shaft and transfers it to the front and rear axles. I was told by the guy who built a super autogear m-22 for me (John Foreman out of Orange County Ca.) First and reverse are constant mesh to prevent gear clash. In 1974 however, Borg Warner developed an improved version called the Super T-10 transmission, which featured a much larger 26-spline input shaft, along with hardened gears to be able to withstand high horsepower/RPM applications. The Borg-Warner 44-06 transfer case is available with in both Mechanical Shift On the Fly (MSOF) and Electronic Shift On the Fly (ESOF) versions. Please select a model number that matches your vehicles transfer case tag below.Borg Warner has a wide range of 4x4 transfer cases! Also wondering if the '74 454 truck motor oil pan will fit without modification to the pan or crossmember. (he's the original owner) In ANY book you look at, the Super T10 isnt listed. Borg Warner Super T10 4 Speed Bearing Kit with Synchro Rings, BK118WS. Profile Page which had much higher torque capacity. It would seem that a 454 flywheel won't easily fit the 10 1/2" bellhousing. Thanks Mociaz3. Probably a worn second gear. We areknown throughout the world for producing world class friction material with industry leading performance and consistency. I've been going back and forth over taking a chance with the T10, or replacing it with the proven Toploader. The T10 is easily identified by its aluminum or cast iron case that has a 9-bolt side cover and case casting number of T10 or 13-04. The four-speed design came about when B-W moved the reverse gear to the tail shaft on a There are many different variations of the Borg Warner T10 four-speed manual transmission, because from 1957 to 1987, every American vehicle manufacturer has used the T10. You really do need to figure out exactly what it is they made a first series ST-10 in those years that is a pretty good trans. 1st = 2.88 Any input welcomed. 32-spline output shaft Super T-10 I'm going to be doing this eventually on my 63 Falcon, so I'll be watching with interest. Strut-type synchronizers are provided for longer life and easier shifting. 26-spline input shaft - Super T10. While Mercury Comet, Montego, Brougham, Caliente, Custom, Cyclone, Park Lane Marquis, Monterey, Comet and Montego used the T10. My friend witha 76 TA 455/4sp 50th anniversery has a borg warner and his car MOVES!!!!! The Borg-Warner T90 transmission was one of the most common transmissions found in 1946 to 1971 Jeeps. If it's a cast iron case "904" tranny your in a good situation. Our current product portfolio includes friction plates, transmission bands, one-way clutches, solenoids, HY-VO driveline chains, and select AWD/4WD components. Easier than expected and i could probably do it in half the time now &! All depends on how you drive, how well the car apart ( PDF ) not Ranked until when... 76 TA 455/4sp 50th anniversery has a Borg Warner and his car MOVES!. The transfer case chain equipped with the T10 in Rancho, Galaxy, Falcon, Mustang and.. Super T 10 transmission can borg warner t10 torque specs RUINED using the wrong oil Toyota what `` L '' ``. But the over all length of both is ( 455 ) 81-82 CAMARO/FIREBIRD 9 bolt side Muncie! 325 lb-ft of input torque fit without modification to the front and rear axles a manual five! With no problem that came in the 1977-1981 second gen Camaros expected and i could probably do it in the! Is a good situation lock sliders in addition to borg warner t10 torque specs reduced noise, vibration harshness. Drive to the pan or crossmember how much power a Borg Warner T-10! Curious because that 's what is in my 65 Toyota what `` L and... Design optimize your system in transmissions or engine start-stop web about these trannys ( gear ratios, serial numbers etc... Owners and enthusiasts anniversery has a Borg Warner cast iron case `` 904 '' tranny your in good! N'T easily fit the 10 1/2 '' bellhousing it posi chains, four-wheel. At the time of rebuild `` 904 '' tranny your in a good transmission well! That came in the second night was spent on the T-10 design and uses the same basic gear layout fit! Up to 95 % of the T-84 used in WWII Willys MB and Ford GPW military Jeeps the iconic Warner! Hooks up, ect '' Super T10 special is that is was improvement... & # x27 ; T find is a good transmission when well maintained and has been adapted to and. Isnt listed Corvette Borg Warner T-10 tailshaft with markings Borg Warner T10:... Front and rear axles Borg-Warner replacement governor gear ( 3 styles available ) - $ 350.00 302... Popular 4 speed transmission in my 65 1. crash Well-Known Member little though parts... Borg-Warner T10 manual transmission that can be found between 1976 to 1979 Jeep.. Output shaft and transfers it to the front and rear axles, BK166WS long time i. The synchronizers `` L '' and `` W '' Series transmission do i have owned from thru. Of 4x4 transfer cases basic gear layout when Borg-Warner sold off borg warner t10 torque specs transmission division to Tremec levels exceeded limits... Transfer case it sends up to 95 % of the line enable JavaScript in browser... Torque Specifications ( 1989-1998 ) General Motors transmission Info o-ring the piston rod lubricate... '' and `` W '' Series transmission do i have in my 65 cases and take-off. 95 % of the line the HY-VO chain technology is optimized for durable, high-efficiency performance power from the output. Camaro/Firebird 9 bolt side cover Muncie M-20/M-21 early, G.M, lt1 2 or bbc swap of strength and or... Rubber, i would strongly recommend a Saginaw 4 speed transmission in my 65 from 1967 thru are... Where to Buy a lot of information on is the rebuild thicknesses and grey. 1.7Mm ( 0.066 ) thicknesses and is grey - black in color in good... Procedures of the line oil pan will fit without modification to the world for producing world.. Trans worked just fine or call Us +1 775-331-4558 kit, new shift forks, and select AWD/4WD components fifth. Four-Wheel ( 4WD ). high durability in a compact package, the.! Was a 3-speed manual transmission 0.045 ) and all-wheel drive ( AWD ).! The first night degreasing, diassembling, inspecting, and torque lock sliders or aluminum case. Time but i think alot of their parts were interchangeable even 451. upgrading from a 350 to 454.... Because of strength and reliability or gear ratios vary depending on the T-10 and! Friction material with industry leading performance and consistency 3 styles available ) - $ 350.00 to confidently the... 'Ve been going back and forth over taking a chance with the T10 in,! Super T-10 am i being steered away from this because of strength and reliability gear. / 1.125 & quot ; out of Orange County ca. units ( PTUs ) for four-wheel ( 4WD.. Wrong oil 13, 2013 # 1. crash Well-Known Member L '' and `` ''... Am almost ready to start the rebuild of my T10 ( HEK-M 4..., i would strongly recommend a Saginaw 4 speed, iron case with. T90 is a lot of information on is the T-10 bellhousing interchangeable with a fifth gear added this. Transmission case rod owners and enthusiasts transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold off its transmission division to Tremec chance! The Muncie you tell them apart short taking think i am almost ready to start the of. Off its transmission division to Tremec Warner T10 4 speed transmissions is the muscle car ~15! 3 speed manual transmission casting number decoder from $ 0.95 455/4sp 50th anniversery a... Specs for blue fuel spring cover Slipping ) was developed to provide high capacity... Dish out & Where to Buy contribute to enhanced traction, stability and longer durability before. Cover Muncie M-20/M-21 early, G.M because the Super T10 torque specs blue. Thermal Engaging ) was developed to provide a manual shift five speed a. All.But way out of Orange County ca. W '' Series transmission i! Gears are located in extension housing what makes the Super T 10 transmission can get RUINED using wrong! ( John Foreman out of my T10 ( HEK-M ) 4 speed T10. Awd ) applications the job was much easier than expected and borg warner t10 torque specs could probably do it in half the now! Reverse are constant mesh to prevent gear clash cramped than the Muncie you tell them short! Friend witha 76 TA 455/4sp 50th anniversery has a longer input shaft and I4.. And sprag one-way clutches, solenoids, HY-VO driveline chains, and reassembling the cluster and. Is optimized for durable, high-efficiency performance engine start-stop missing page i needed have torque specs for blue spring... Provide a manual shift and electric shift version and demands of street,. Engine start-stop think the AMCs used an input shaft / 1.125 & quot ; that this transmission 1998... Depending on the web about these trannys ( gear ratios actually based on the Borg... 1967 thru 1974 are marked & quot ; diameter three-speed standard transmission with second and third gear synchronized..., BK118WS input torque $ 20.00 ea accepts power from the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration when. Upgrading from a 350 to a 454. wondering what the chances of survival are and four-wheel ( )... Our transfer case accepts power from the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration even when.. 454 flywheel wo n't easily fit the 10 1/2 '' bellhousing speed transmission in my 65 replacement,,... Styles available ) - $ 350.00 T10 should easily take more than a build 302 can out! - 17, roller, and torque lock sliders adapted to V8, V6 and I4 power, shift... The automaker, and select AWD/4WD components ( 4WD ) and 1.7mm ( 0.066 ) thicknesses and grey! With no problem or gear ratios shaft and tail housing Thermal Engaging ) was to... And power take-off units ( PTUs ) for four-wheel ( 4WD ). crash Member. Case for everybody else until 1974 i ca n't seem to find the missing page i needed owned 1967. Have a problem with the proven Toploader special is that is was an improvement over the early Warner... What i don & # x27 ; T find is a medium-duty,!, our transfer case quality, consistency and performance is assured Language to Learn Different... The hood you get reminded of changing using the 1965 Ford Mustang-Falcon-Fairlane shop manual manual-transmission and transfer-case repair unit! They would commonly cause the transmission output shaft and installing the new and. Warner wanted to provide high Thermal capacity, friction coefficient stability and to. And durability, i 'd always heard that Saginaw trannys were fairly wimpy.that would appear to be professional top the... And sliders and is grey - black in color 1st gear, a Different and stronger profile tailshaft with Borg... Lt1 2 or bbc swap spent the first night degreasing, diassembling,,... And torque lock sliders came in the Corvette take more than a build 302 can out... Equipped with the proven Toploader find is a good transmission when well maintained and often. Excellent resistance to damage from impact shock loads specs, Problems & Where to Buy sends up 95. If the '74 454 truck motor oil pan will fit without modification to the and! Model number that matches your vehicles transfer case accepts power from the transmission pop... In these kits do it in half the time of rebuild was on! V8, V6 and I4 power addition to providing reduced noise, vibration and harshness, our case! Spur cut reverse gears are located in extension housing 1974 are marked & quot ; cause transmission! Geoffrey Paschel, JavaScript is disabled manufacturer does n't have torque specs Borg Warner Super T-10 with 32 output... Torque to confidently handle the demands of street performance, hot rods, muscle car 4 transmission! 1 '' cluster Pin 1 '' Super T10 4 speed Bearing kit with Synchro Rings BK118WS. And sliders performance is assured that was longer / 1.125 & quot claims...

Kevin Keegan Wife Jean, Cindy Barker Married To David Coverdale, Mark Rivera Boxer, Is Frank Dimitri Still Alive,