The friend called Brookes sister Paige and asked her if he knew what was happening. Simpsons relative said the family still has monthly meetings with detectives. The Silver Alert to find missing teen Aaliyah Ramirez is thankfully no longer active. Family Seeks JusticeAfter Her Disappearance, Oregon Mother Of Four Who Was To Meet Up With Teen Son Suddenly Vanishes, Husband Of Missing Massachusetts Woman Charged With Her Murder, 8 Things To Know About The Nicholas Barclay Disappearance And Ensuing Deception, I'm Still Searching For My Baby: Georgia Mother Hopes For Answers In Daughters Disappearance, A Woman Disappeared From A Group Hike And Was Never Seen Again. Full Description Back to Top On June 22nd 2013, 18 year old Brookelyn Farthing attended a party in a rural community just outside of Berea, KY. I believe hes told someone and that person needs to come forward. I think, like Tracy's case, this is one where everybody is pretty sure what happened but the lack of a body and other physical evidence leaves LE without enough evidence to press charges. Farthings cousin and younger sister Paige also attended. It was determined that the house fire began on the couch and was ruled suspicious. The details surrounding the rest of the night remain a mystery, but it was around 4:00 a.m. the next day when Brookelyn sent text messages to friends saying she needed a ride home because she was scared. Several hours later, the friend, at whose house Brookelyn had stayed, told police he had left the house to let some horses out. She wanted her ex-fiance to pick her up, but he didn't get off work until later in the morning. Brookelyn Farthing, then 18, was last seen the morning of June 22nd, 2013 at a friend's home in Berea, Kentucky. After the call, Brookelyn texted Jared to ask him what time he would be picking her up. Thank you for sharing this! 8 checked out her fb & read posts back to when all of this happened.. the girl never shared anything in regards to brookelyns disappearance, & mentioned in various status that she wished the blue eyed guy she was in love with wouldnt love her back but couldnt because he had a gf.. Brookelyn decided to stay with a friend and made plans to stay overnight at that female friend's home. She got along well with her sisters and she loved animals and the outdoors. Registration will be held from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. that morning. Wondering why this case isnt getting more coverage? Brooklyns overnight bag, purse and shoes were left on the porch of the home. Brooke's Story. After an eventful morning Brooke finally passed . The family didnt get worried at the beginning, they assumed maybe she had partied too hard and was going to be home soon. The anniversary of her disappearance was this past Wednesday, and little is still known as to what happened to her.. She was last seen leaving a party after being offered a ride home from an older acquaintance, someone who her ex boyfriend had been friends with. In this episode, I discuss the disappearance of Brookelyn Farthing, a Kentucky teen who vanished under strange and suspicious circumstances. Alleged Delphi Killer Richard Allen SerialKiller? Eventually, most of the others left, and Farthing stayed behind at the party. If you have information, please contact the Kentucky State Police in Richmond at859-623-2404or1-800-222-5555. She made MULTIPLE posts about this person. Jennifer Kesse or Maura Murray). PLEASE DO NOT TALK BAD OR HARASS ANYONE I MENTION IN THIS VIDEO. Type in Dillon Court, Big Hill, Kentucky. When Brookelyn Farthing disappeared on June 22, 2013, it wasn't immediately apparent that she was in any danger. That same day, Brookelyn's family had 70 th birthday party planned for her grandfather. That same day, Brookelyns family had 70th birthday party planned for her grandfather. Brookes family and friends believed that Joshua had likely killed Brooke and then burned the couch to cover up the evidence. The guy who was the last one seen with her was just charged with child exploitation . I'm going to a party in Rockcastle County." Saturday marks the six-year anniversary of the disappearance of 18 . If you have any information about Sophie Reeder's case, please contact the IN PURSUIT hotline by calling or texting. Investigators have not said what, if anything, they have found during the searches. An arrest has been made in the Delphi double homicide case! Thats exactly why he burned it. She wasnt sure if she wanted to go to college or if she wanted to become a cosmetologist. On June 21, 2013, Brookelyn attended a house-party with the intention of staying the night with a close friend but when her plans fell through, she was left with no way of getting home. I believe the family knows what happened. THIS VIDEO IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES AND TO HELP ONLY! She said that she was scared and begged him to hurry up and come get her.Twitter - https://twitter.com/SDU_YouTubeFacebook - https://www.facebook.com/Strange-Deranged-Unexplained-103244772211452Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/strangederangedunexplained/Patreon - Coming SoonMore True Crime, Serial Killers, Spree Killers, Missing People, Mysterious Deaths, Unidentified Persons, Paranormal and more stories at Strange Deranged Unexplained YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBwoimichE3hkI09IKP8XhwAll videos are available to view with English, French, German and Spanish subtitles/captions. The last ping was in the Blue Lick Rd area of Berea which is only minutes from the Dillon Ct home. One of the good podcasters (Payne Lindsey!!) They both had the opportunity to test for their driver's license the same day. The fire was extinguished before it got out of control, leaving a burned couch and a hole in the floor, police said. Brooklyn and only her cell phone were missing. He was charged with one count of possession of matter portraying a minor in a sexual performance. Richard Allen, 50, has beenarrested! Union Pacific Railways Adds to FamineConcerns. Apparently her friend was more interested in leaving with a boy from the party, so they argued and Brookelyn decided she wasnt going to stay with her friend anymore. Im from Richmond (same county) and from what I have been told, Josh Hensley is a very angry manrumor is his ex had to leave the state to get away from him. Her cell phone went unanswered. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. According to police, he said that, when he left, Farthing was sitting on the couch smoking. "When Brookelyn went missing from that house, all her stuff her cowboy boots and her dress clothes was still there. I just read the website. Offense 1 Time service requirement: ASSAULT, 1ST DEGREE - DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Incomplete offense information found; Indictment #: 14-CR-00016 Brooklyn was never seen again. Now, Brookelyn is missing. He was at work and she texted him that he needed to come get her when he got off work. The disappearance of Brooklyn Farthing really haunts me. Hopefully hes told someone where her body is. It was ruled suspicious. When he left, he said, she was sitting on the couch smoking. The host told police he had left the house in the morning to let some horses out. TODAY is THE day! Instead of taking Brookelyn home, this man took her to his foreclosed house at 4am, where . In the morning she went to take her driver licences exam with her younger sister page. "Another friend of hers was drunk and needed to get home," Walker said. Please help us find Brooke. She writes about missing persons, unsolved murders, and human rights. Brookelyn Farthing Facebook (CBS) MADISON COUNTY, Ky. - Authorities said they were conducting interviews on Wednesday to try and find out more about the disappearance of 18-year-old Brookelyn . Theres also a 14 thousand dollar reward for any information leading to Brookes return or to the capture/conviction for anybody who is responsible for her disappearance, you can visit www.findbrookefarthing.com/. According to Paige, Brookelyn said she had arranged to sleep at a friend's house, and even showed her an overnight bag she'd brought. She was reportedly last seen in southeastern Madison County wearing a gray Madison County FFA t-shirt and denim shorts. I feel as though The man at the house the night Brooke went missing should have been subjected to a polygraph & thoroughly questioned. Although her family members decided to leave, Brookelyn chose to stay behind. Despite the years since the disappearance investigators say all they need to find Farthing is one solid tip. Richmond Police are offering $10,000 for information that leads to a conviction in Simpson and Evans murder, a family member said. The Kentucky State Police along with Brooke's family is still seeking information regarding her disappearance. He was sentenced to time in jail and hes currently serving time. She lived in Berea, Kentucky with her mother Shelby Walker, her stepfather Randall Walker, and her two sisters Tasha Thomas and Paige Farthing. John Walsh and his son Callahan are getting back to finding fugitives and getting justice for victims. They tracked down her last known whereabouts, Joshs home, and contacted him. Someone knows where Brookelyn is. The following afternoon, Brookelyns family said they got in touch with the man who drove her to his home the night before. Bill Robinson and Brittany Ellis contributed to this story. Farthing's friend who owned the house left to take care of a horse. Could be FAR off but all thoughts are valid. Can anyone direct me to a map of the scene (marked-up if possible)? Shortly before she disappeared, she sent several texts indicating that she was scared. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Brookelyns family has a website. I have studied this case countless times and I just cant understand why no one in her town seems to care about finding the answers to her disappearance. "She would dress up and she always made sure she had everything with her. https://www.richmondregister.com/news/police-courts/ksp-arrest-three-men-on-child-sexual-exploitation-charges/article_1bba0b83-f54a-57a1-8f30-3321987067a5.html The cops there f-dd up badly. Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing, KY - KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013, [URL="https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/berea-college-professor-2-others-face-child-*advertiser censored*-related-charges"]Berea College professor, 2 others face child *advertiser censored*-related charges, LEX 18 Investigates: Farthing's mom has questions for man arrested on unrelated charges, Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing, https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-iestions-for-man-arrested-on-unrelated-charges. Around 6.am, after Jared got out of work, he finally was able to take a look at his cell phone again to communicate with Brooke. Hes from Wisconsin. He knew what he was doing. She also sent messages about feeling unsafe where she was.. PICTURES: Missing Kentucky Teen: Brookelyn Farthing. Her nickname is Brooke. Options trading can be one of the most lucrative ways to trade in the financial markets. But where is she? Police don't know if the fire at a Berea, Ky., home had anything to do with the disappearance of Brookelyn Farthing, 18, but they said it is "suspicious" and are still investigating the incident, according to ABC News. "I think the fire was set to throw people off.". "What we're doing is, we're following up on any and all possible leads," Purdy said. At 4:26am, Brookelyn texted her ex-boyfriend again, her tone had dramatically changed. You must log in or register to reply here. Remember, you can always remain anonymous: 833-378-7783 (3-PURSUE). "We hold out hope that she's coming back and we're going to continue to hold out hope until we find out otherwise. Brookelyn Farthing, 18 years old, disappeared on June 22, 2013, last seen in Berea, KY. June 25, 2013 Impact x Nightline The Murders Before the Marathon Aftershock The Orphans of COVID: America's Hidden Toll Superstar: Patrick Swayze The Kardashians -- An ABC News Special 24 Months That Changed the World Two Men at War Screen Queens Rising As of 2020, police have not named any persons of interest or suspects in the case. You must log in or register to reply here. "It's hard for the whole family," he said. On the evening of June 21st, 18 yr old Brookelyn attended a house party on Red Lick Rd with her sister Paige and a cousin. She sent multiple text messages overnight trying to get a ride home, saying she felt scared. Up to this date, nobody knows if Brookelyn is still alive. No one has ever been named as a suspect or person of interest in her disappearance. This case not only disturbs me that Brookelyn went missing but also that her case has not received hardly any attention. The text said, 'Never mind, I'm okay. If they put him through a trial and he was acquitted then he would never be charged even if the body is found. Hes been with this female for a few years. While Farthing was missing, her boots, purse, Otter Box phone case and suitcase were still in the house. Want more content? Jimena Perez and Jose Astorga-Valenzuela allegedly snatched the child from her dad in 2018. Erin kicks things off with the story of Brookelyne Farthing, a young woman who went to a party, was left stranded by a friend, but managed to catch a break from a friend of her ex-boyfriend - or so she thought. However, a relative of Evans said he wanted to know more about some neighbors from Detroit who moved shortly after the bodies were discovered. She would not have left her clothes behind, so I know something happened there at that house.". Lets try to keep these posts going so other sleuths may offer their insights. Why would he trust her so much? Last seen June 22, 2013 at a residence on Dillon Court in Berea. At around 8 P.M., Paige and the cousin told Brookelyn they were leaving. AboutPressCopyrightContact. You are using an out of date browser. In Saturday morning, Brookelyn was supposed to meet a friend and attend a car show, but Brooke didnt show up. Brookelyn Farthing was last seen in the early morning hours of June 22nd, 2013 at a home in the 100 block of Dillon Ct in Berea KY, a foreclosed home belonging to an acquaintance, 20 yr old Josh Hensley. The event will be held on August 24 at Lake Linville from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. 16 talking about this. (LogOut/ I personally believe he should be at least a suspect, but the local law won't name him as a suspect. Usually in cases of missing people whether they are an adult or not the family cries out for justice. 1202 (e) (5) (B). There was no evidence suggesting that Brookelyn ever spoke with anyone or planned to attend a party in Rockcastle County. The police really botched this case from the beginning; it's a shame there isn't some way to hold them accountable for that. Josh was unknown to the family. "I do not believe that was a text from Brookelyn," he continued. But this is just a direction the investigation has to take to make sure that that aspect is covered," Trooper Paul Blanton with the Kentucky State Police said, according to CBS affiliate WKYT. Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. From what information Walker has been able to gather from investigators, Farthing purportedly drove her friend home in the man's vehicle and then had to bring the vehicle back to the man's house a home with no electricity that was in foreclosure. With a bag packed, Farthing planned to spend the night at a friends house, her sister said, but those plans fell through. Bill Maher clashes with Brian Cranston over critical race theory after Breaking Bad star insisted schools MUST teach divisive . Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. They need to find the body. Originally reaching out to her sister for a ride, she didn't seem in distress at all. The homeowner was in the process of moving out, and as a result, utilities to the house had been turned off for weeks and there was no electricity there at all. She was last seen wearing a gray Madison County FFA T-shirt and denim shorts. The night she was last seen, Brookelyn went with her younger sister, a cousin and some friends to a party outside Berea, Kentucky. On June 27, 2014, the lives of the families of Karen Rollins Simpson and Avery "Boochie" Evans were changed forever after a family member foun. Brookelyn Farthing, 18, was last seen June 22 at a home in Berea, a small city located about 40 miles south of Lexington. The woman, who said she was still grieving for her loved one, described Simpson as a beautiful and kind person who was a mother, grandmother and friend to many. Brookelyn Farthing was 18 years old when she vanished June 22, 2013, after leaving a party with two guys she knew. There's bonus content and other perks on our Patreon: https://www . (Brookelyn Farthing via Facebook) The . (CBS/AP) RICHMOND, Ky. - Kentucky State Police investigators are asking landowners in four Kentucky counties to check their property for any signs of Brookelyn Farthing, an 18-year-old woman who was last seen on June 22. Friday June 21, 2013 was a normal work day for me. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Reach Critley King at 624-6623; follow her on Twitter @critleyking. I live in and around the area where this happened and this is truly scary. In fact, nobody has ever been named as a suspect in this case. 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing had recently graduated high school in Berea, Kentucky and was excited to enjoy her summer with friends before starting college. As for now, Brookelyns family keeps searching and hoping. He started house on fire to hide evidence. This is one of those tragic ones that is relatively straightforward (e.g. Stick around for a listener-submitted story at the end about the Devil's Tramping Ground in Bear Creek, NC! Please don't forget to share, like and comment! Her family doesn't believe she would have left the house without her . The phone has not been turned on since. 18 year-old Brookelyn Farthing was last seen at a home in Berea, Kentucky in the early morning hours of June 22, 2013. Anyone with information regarding Brookelyn Farthing's whereabouts is asked to call Kentucky State Police at (859) 623-2404 or text a tip to 67283. Later at night, Brookelyn, her 16-year-old sister Page and her cousin had planned to go to a field party, a very common thing for country teenagers. At the time Brookelyn didnt appear to be in distress, according to Paige. Tracy Ocasio) which almost makes it more maddening than some of the more convoluted ones (e.g. The last text from her phone was sent at 5:30 a.m., saying "Never mind, I'm okay. 2023 Warner Bros. The last text, at 5:30am, stated Nevermind and then that she was instead going to a party in Rockcastle County. I also believe God knows, and the truth will be revealed.. Details of Disappearance Farthing was last seen at a friend's house in the 100 block of Dillon Court in Berea, Kentucky in the early morning hours of June 22, 2013. It's possible, according to authorities, she could be a victim of trafficking. James Mummer was last seen in 2018. (Side note: He was witnessed shirtless that morning, wringing out his shirt in the bathtub.) Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The house fire began on the couch and almost completely consumed it, and burned a hole in the floor underneath, but it was extinguished before it got out of control. Brookelyn Shae Farthing Farthing, approximately 2013 Date reported missing : 06/22/2013 Missing location (approx) : Berea, Kentucky Missing classification : Endangered Missing Gender : Female Ethnicity : White . Later that evening, witnesses reportedly saw Brookelyn catch a ride with two young men. "Things are coming in every single day. He was ok to drive to the horse stable and ok to drive to drop the other guy off ok to drive to his house. A person may go missing through a voluntary disappearance, or else due to an . Have You Seen Missing Teenagers Asia Wilbon Or Mackenzie Marken? Sources: "The Dangerous Houses." Still A Mystery. "I can't release [the names of] any particular suspect or individual," Purdy said. Aside from the texts and the fire, Walker said he finds it disturbing that some of his stepdaughter's belongings were found inside the home. Theres a reasonable radius that could be searched despite the terrain. She attended the party with her family and they had a great time. She said her husband was a detective. (CBS/AP) RICHMOND, Ky. - Kentucky State Police investigators are asking landowners in four Kentucky counties to check their property for any signs of Brookelyn Farthing, an 18-year-old woman. Farthing's family has organized a bass fishing tournament fundraiser to raise money for search efforts. When in the party, Paige and her cousin just stayed for a bit and left Brooke with her friend, who she would have a disagreement later for some reason. At least 12 dead after winter storm slams South, Midwest, The Saturday Six: Dental device controversy, scientist's bug find and more, Trump speaks at CPAC after winning straw poll, 3 children killed, 2 others wounded at Texas home, Man charged for alleged involvement in 2 transformer explosions, Nikki Haley slams potential GOP contenders, and Trump and George W. Bush, Duo of 81-year-old women plan to see the world in 80 days, Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant to "take some time away" from the team after allegedly brandishing a gun in a club, Alex Murdaugh trial: What to know about the double murder case. Delphi Homicides: New Information Released on2/12/21. After talking to Paige and Jared about Brookelyn staying at Joshua Hensleys house that morning, her older sister Tasha called him. The home had no running water and no electricity. Joshua/ Josh Hensley has never been charged in Brookelyn Farthings disappearance, or named as an official suspect. Burning that sofa was a bold move. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Brookelyns family has a website. In 2013, Hensley was the owner of the home where 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing, who has been missing since that time, was last seen. By midday, without news of Brooke, the family started getting nervous. She asked them if they would give her a ride and they accepted. (LogOut/ Then he disposed of her body I would assume. What was even more suspicious is that at the time the fire department received a call about the fire, nobody told them that there was a missing person who was last seen on that couch! The house Brookelyn was in was found to be set on fire, and there was no sign of the girl or her cell phone. The crime scene evidence that convicted Alex Murdaugh, Colombia wants to deport "cocaine hippos" to stop them from multiplying. Who is Richard (Ricky) Matthew Allen? KSP Richmond Post is requesting assistance finding Brooke. Allen has been arrested in connection with the 2017 double homicide of Liberty German and AbigailWilliams. 10 talking about this. Afterwards, Farthings sister wrote the teen attended yet another birthday (field) party on Red Lick Road. According to Paige, Brookelyn said she had arranged to sleep at a friends house, and even showed her an overnight bag shed brought. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Brookelyn Farthing, 18, was last seen June 22 at a home in Berea, a small city located about 40 miles south of Lexington. The sofa burned to the frame and was so intense it burned a hole through the floor. Hensley has never been charged in Brookelyn Farthing's disappearance or named as a suspect. That plan, however, apparently fell through. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. MADISON COUNTY, KY On June 21, 2013, 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing dropped by a house party with her sister Paige Farthing and their cousin. Donations are accepted but not expected; the site remains free-access to all. Although three years have past, RPD is still on the case. Brooke Farthing disappeared from Berea, Kentucky in June 2013 after texting a friend and saying she was scared. Everyone knows who did this. June 21, 2013 was supposed to be a perfect day for 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing. EARLY LIFE: Brookelyn Farthing was born on August 26, 1994. A Kentucky teen was reported missing on Saturday after a couch fire erupted, consuming the entire floor beneath it. This is just one of those sad cases in which we will have to wait until he does it again, he confesses or shes found. Police say the investigation is being treated as an active missing persons case. He had heard her discussing the party in Rockcastle County. Her books are available on Amazon. A massive manhunt ensued over the next few days. That makes me wonder if hes done it before. A massive search was launched, but turned up little evidence. Neighbors told other media outlets what happened was unusual, because the street was normally quiet. The day before Brookelyn Farthing disappeared, she successfully met a benchmark for any American teen passing the drivers test, her sister wrote on FindBrookeFarthing.com. Trooper Paul Blanton says property owners in Estill, Jackson, Rockcastle and Madison counties should pay attention to freshly turned earth and unusual smells, ditch lines and remote areas.

Michael Sullivan The Lobbyist Group, Celebrities With Animal Names, Cullman Bearcat Football Radio, I Wiped My Bum And There Was Blood, Broward County Gun Waiting Period, Articles B