The ship is named after the god of the seas in Greek mythology . Covering The Best In Video Games, Esports, Movies and Geek Culture Beyond The Poseidon Adventure is a great failure, a movie so bad it's great, full of cheesy effects,terrible acting and the stupidest plot ever. Dont worry, it wont take long. Introducing the end credits theme from the movie Beyond The Poseidon Adventure, and a new Intro and Outro!Intro and Outro music and sound effects are from St. List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979) reviews", Film: 'Poseidon' ReturnsInside a Floating Hulk, Film Reviews: Beyond The Poseidon Adventure, Allen sinks to even lower depths in the new 'Poseidon Adventure', https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Beyond_the_Poseidon_Adventure&oldid=1141228199, Films about survivors of seafaring accidents or incidents, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 24 February 2023, at 00:48. Yet all the decks inside the ship are horizontal. yeah thats the ending i remember. Cast & Crew. Tom Zoerner . Shop Beyond the Poseidon Adventure [DVD] [1979] at Best Buy. Do they survive? [1], On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 0% based on reviews from 8 critics, with an average rating of 3.50/10. The only ending Ive ever seen is the survivors being cut out of the hull and being boarded onto a helicopter which immediately flys away. Eugene Quinn, a London-born, Vienna-based urban activist and storyteller, leads guided walks for miles across Vienna every day, diving into neighbourhoods that are off the usual tourist trail. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. on the Internet. Try the areas in Central, Causeway Bay and Admiralty. Beyond the Poseidon Adventure is a 1979 American action-adventure disaster film and a sequel to The Poseidon Adventure (1972) directed by Irwin Allen and starring Michael Caine and Sally Field. I wont spoil it but the wide shot of stranded survivors I remember seeing on TV so vividly is nowhere to be found. Terrible sequel: "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure." Academy Award Nominations: 8, including Best Actress--Shelley Winters. Year: 1972 . Coming Soon, Regal "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure" is a decent movie. General characteristics. I posed this question to Irwin Allen, creator of the Poseidon movies and "The Swarm" and "The Towering Inferno," during one sunny afternoon in Southern California when disasters were the last thing on his mind. Composed and Conducted by John Williams.Please note that the rights belong to the individual copyright holders. Starring . Spectacular special effects and an all-star cast including Oscar winners Sally Field ("Mrs. Doubtfire") and Michael Caine ("Hannah And Her Sisters," "The Cider House Rules"). Spectacular special effects and an all-star cast including Oscar winners Sally Field ("Mrs. Doubtfire") and Michael Caine ("Hannah And Her Sisters," "The Cider House Rules"). Beaupre, Lee. An extension of the previous film, wherein a cache of adventurers return to the overturned ship to seek several fortunes. Morgan Freeman won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2004; Helen Mirren won a Best Actress prize in 2007; Richard Dreyfus took home a Best Actor award in 1978; and Ernest Borgnine did the same way back in 1956. Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Movies. The survivors are trying to climb to the bottom of the ship . Synopsis. Thomas, Kevin (August 17, 1979). Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (or fully known as Irwin Allen's Production of - Beyond the Poseidon Adventure) is a 1979 American action-adventure disaster film and a sequel to The Poseidon Adventure (1972) directed by Irwin Allen and starring Michael Caine and Sally Field. The film continues the story from the original movie's conclusion. Irwin Allen; Writer. Maligned at the time, this dark(er) take on Who Framed Roger Rabbit? NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. It was, in all candor, he said, a great idea. The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth: Season 8, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: Season 1, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to The Most Anticipated TV & Streaming Shows of March 2023. The ending is totally unbelievable (although it does end. There are, of course, more survivors, more air pockets . Going off on her own, she gives Svevo the document but decides to rejoin Turner's group. If you can think of a single line of dialog that Slim Pickens, as 'Tex,' wouldn't say in "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure," please do not miss this movie, which will be filled with amazements and startling revelations. 3:25. After "The Poseidon Adventure", in which the ship got flipped over by a tidal wave, the ship drifts bottom-up in the sea. We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future. I googled Poseidon Adventure alternate ending and found nothing. The only ending I have seen is the one you described. Celeste Whitman: Are you going to kiss me now? Green Lantern also includes turns by Best Supporting Actor winner Tim Robbins, and Geoffrey Rush as Tomar-Re. web pages In the ensuing shoot-out, Mazzetti and Castrop, another of Svevo's men, are killed. THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE. While making their way up through the decks, Turner and the others find Suzanne's corpse and reach the unpleasant conclusion that a murderer is on board. Angela Bassett, whose recognition is long overdue, doesnt technically earn a spot here, but that could change soon, given that shes up for Best Supporting Actress forWakanda Forever. There are architectural eyesores that jar and clash, and monuments . Despite the less-than-stellar reviews for Valentines Day, it did make money, and so Garry Marshall followed it up with the romantic anthology New Years Evewhich did win several award nominations, including five Razzies; the entire female cast was also honored by the Alliance of Women Film Journalists, who gave them a shared Actress Most in Need of a New Agent prize. Not bad for an action melodrama on an upside-down boat. . the-scenes info on Walt Disney Pictures' action-packed film ThePirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest. Beyond The Poseidon Adventure (1979) -- (Movie Clip) I Hope You're A Religious Man On his tug in the Mediterranean the morning after the first movie, Captain Turner (Michael Caine) with mate Wilbur (Karl Malden) and semi-stowaway Celeste (Sally Field) find the liner, planning salvage, when Telly Savalas arrives, playing a Greek doctor, in Beyond The Poseidon Adventure, 1979. Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979) Oscar-winners: 3 Though the first film was fairly prestigious, certainly for a disaster movie, the second film in the series is much more of a trashy good time. Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! Youd think that talent would have given the studio more faith in this adaptation of the MTV animated series; alas, studio meddling resulted in a truncated mishmash (which, to be fair, might not have been that good anyway). Warner Home Video re-released the DVD via their Warner Archive Collection on June 23, 2014. End credits. But the literary scene remains a tangled bank, its denizens in busy competition for readers, sales, attention, prizes, fame, and, yes, canonical status. 4:55. During that trip I have a distinct memory of watching THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (1972 version) on TV. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Its release delayed for nearly four decades, someone obviously noticed that this hilariously incoherent sequel (to 1976's Grizzly) included some major star power. Bill. Nurse Ratched herself, Oscar-winnerLouise Fletcher, has a much larger role. Most of the main cast was initially intended to reprise their roles from the first film. In the midst of a New Year's Eve celebration, the movie's cast was trapped in the upside-down ballroom, which is what New Year's Eve feels like anyway, and, in one of the greatest coincidences in the history of casting, all of . iptv m3u. What happens to them? A behind-the-scenes/Making-of Mini documentary about Irwin Allen's all-star sequel, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure. . Its box office receipts were only 20% of its estimated $10 million budget. login; TV Summary; Buy tickets; Ramadan, Eid & Seasons; TV Guide; Screen Works & Celebrity Featured Lists . Nelson . It was not unusual to trim scenes, remove them altogether, or even add scenes from the cutting room floor. My team helps Executives, Managers & Engineers to land more interviews and better job offers using 'LinkedIn Insider Secrets' and my 'Unique Personal Branding Framework' that delivers:<br><br . Accompanied by second mate Wilbur (Karl Malden . We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Terrible sequel. TV Shows. The rest of the cast dies, in the following order: Because sometimes, the surprise spoiler ending is the only reason youd pay $11 to see what is otherwise a turkey of a film. Because sometimes, your TiVo timer didnt get it quite right, and cut off the crucial final minutes of something that wont get shown again for six months. Good cast and story line. Svevo orders Doyle, one of his men, to kill Suzanne. Publication date 2022-10-01 Topics Beyond The Poseidon Adventure. . Including that last one, shes had eight total career nominations to date. Theres even a cameo fromGary Oldman, reprising his role as the werewolf Sirius Black; hewon a Best Actor trophy playing Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour. Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, The Most Anticipated TV & Streaming Shows of March 2023, Pokmon Detective Pikachu Sequel Finds Its Writer and Director, and More Movie News. If the movie was scheduled to air from 7:00pm-9:30pm and they had to include twelve minutes of commercials every hour (thirty minutes total), that meant the movie had to be exactly two hours long. . While technically not honored for his performing skills, Hanna, as part of the Hanna-Barbera team, won seven Animated Short Film Oscars for various Tom & Jerry shorts. After everybody fights his or her way to the top and/or bottom of the boat, surviving fires and floods and explosions, another big tidal wave comes along and turns the great ship over again. And I know you think at this point that I'm going to give away the ending, but don't stop reading now. Speaking of Oscar-winner Taika Waititi, he appears in this, perhaps the most maligned modern superhero movie (well, OK, this or Morbius)a movie so unloved that Ryan Reynolds, in Deadpool 2, used time travel to wipe it from existence. Therefore, when I found out that a sequel had been made, I couldn't wait to see it. Cinemark Water continues to submerge decks and more explosions occur. Movie - Beyond the Poseidon Adventure - 1979 Cast Video Trailer photos Reviews Showtimes. 0:00. But what did we really, sincerely, expect anyway, from a movie in which Karl Malden plays a character named 'Wilbur,' and Slim Pickens plays a character named 'Tex'? What I will give away is the beginning. Turner and Celeste swim to the tugboat Jenny and move it closer to the Poseidon as the remaining survivors swim towards it. [5], Originally planned with the first film's distributor 20th Century Fox, the film ended up moving to Warner Bros. Pictures after they signed a three picture deal with Allen in 1975.[1]. Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. The film is also packed with Oscar nominees, including Ralph Fiennes, John Hurt, and Helena Bonham Carter. Introducing the end credits theme from the movie Beyond The Poseidon Adventure, and a new Intro and Outro!Intro and Outro music and sound effects are from Star Fox 64.Background art by me.Music by Jerry Fielding, and from the movie \"Beyond The Poseidon Adventure.\"#whitestarfoxline #beyondtheposeidonadventure #starfox #theposeidonadventure #adventure #music #endmusic #moviemusic #movie #intro #outro #titanic #thrillingmusic #fairuse #disaster #sourcefilmmaker #garrysmodMy Twitter: https://twitter.com/WSFLofficialI do not own the music in this video, it belongs to their respective owners.

Tyler Morton Obituary, How To Summon Ticci Toby Without Hatchet, Articles B